“Really made me feel welcome”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
ATL
“Really made me feel welcome”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

This is a hotel where that the manager, desk clerk, house keeper and everyone is very cordial and helpful in meeting your needs as a person staying at this hotel. Very clean, food is well prepared and the atmosphere is exceptional.
J. Allen

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Minneapolis
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We just finished a business conference and decided to spend a few days in the delightful town of St. Augustine. As a frequent Hampton guest, we reviewed Trip Advisor and discovered that this was the #1 location.

The Hampton did not match the reviews. Unfortunately, the hotel is dirty; the windows are smudged and the floors are not clean in the corner. The sheets on one bed did not appear to be clean as hairs were apparent in the sheets.

My last surprise was a tip jar in the breakfast area

There is no exercise area or pool. It is not a business hotel as our room did not have a desk and the outlets are few and far between.

This is my first review and I want others to know that this is not your "normal" Hampton so don't expect the usual standards.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kay126
kdarkes, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Dear KAY126,

I am the GM of the Hampton Inn St. Augustine Fl. I am very sorry about your stay with us and understand that you slected our hotel because of our rating with TripAdvisor. We have been rate #1 in St. Augustine for sometime and take much pride in that. I just wanted to know what room number you stayed in and did you notify the front desk about your room. We do not have an excersise room but we did have a outdoor pool.

I hope to hear back from you because this how we can better ourselves through guest comments.

Kenneth Darkes
904-824-4400 F
Kenneth.Darkes@hilton.com
South Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Disney World and had a pleasant one-night stay. My husband especially enjoyed the breakfast, which included warm omelettes with filling. They were probably frozen and simply heated up by the staff, but good nonetheless, and a nice addition to the usual continental breakfast offering. Perfectly fine hotel and we would stop there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed here after the Seminoles trouncing of the Mountaineers (lucky I booked early and got a good rate, it ended up being sold out). This hotel was in a great location for us after the game, so we were able to do some sightseeing in St Augustine the next day. This place was nice, I didn't hear any noise and room was a standard Hampton Inn. Breakfast was good too. I had read reviews on here, and picked this hotel based on that. So thank you. I also ate at Ruby Tuesday right near there and it was good too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Traveled with my 91 yr old mother and 65 year old sister. They were great at check in and walked us to our room to make sure that everything was to our liking and the the smoker room did not smell to bad. The brought us air fresher and left it in the room in case we needed it. Breakfast was also very good. Free breakfast with biscuit and sausage, eggs, juice, waffles and a bunch of other stuff. The evening check in people were the best and most friendliest in town.

• Stayed December 2009
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Everything you'd expect in a Hampton, a good place. The folks at the front desk were especially helpful, getting us three rooms close together. They also recommended a GREAT restaurant, Giovanni's, real Italian by a real Italian family, and only a couple minutes away.

It was a ten minute drive back for our Ghost Tour in St. Augustine, easy parking at the Visitor's Center, so the location of the hotel is fine. The next morning we were on the road to Texas, and it was really nice having the hotel so close the the interstate.

The best part was the beds. The pillows and mattresses were PERFECT for both my wife and I, who like very different beds. The best sleep I've had in a long time, and I WILL track down that pillow!

The free breakfast was good, REALLY need to add hot gravy to the breakfast stack.

Loved the stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Following a nightmare experience at the Ramada Ltd across the street from this Hampton Inn we moved to this hotel. The room was very clean, great breakfast and what is most important wonderful staff, especially front office staff Tom and Julia. We really felt welcome and cared for. Definitely a hotel we'll be happy to return to any time. We are planning to come to St Augustine next summer and we will book this Hampton Inn for couple of days again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family