“Just okay”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I must say I was disappointed in our most recent stay. We have stayed here before and were quite satisfied! Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, the temperature and water pressure in the shower was way beneath our expectations. My friend and I are smokers, but we don’t smoke where we sleep. Management left us a note that we “might” be charged $250. for smoking in the room. We traveled downstairs many times to make sure we followed policy. This was offensive to us! Granted, our luggage probably smelled of smoke, but was it necessary to threaten us? In the past we were made to feel welcome here. This time we felt as if we were urged to leave. If you are stopping here on your way to another destination then it’s probably okay. If you’re wanting to enjoy St. Augustine as a destination then you should do your research. There are wonderful Bed and Breakfasts that are the same price that offer so much more for the money.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Beds are so uncomfortable and outdated and management doesn't care if you have a backache or not! Mattresses are worn out and the internet is very slow. Hotel built in 1997 and needs better upkeep. Will never go back to this hotel. Supposed to be a smoke free hotel. Declined first room given and moved to another due to smell of cigarette smoke. Spent one night out of 4 and drove 1/2 mile down same road to stay in the wonderful Holiday Inn Express for the following 3 nights.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
JuliaAGM, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Monica J,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the unpleasant smell you encountered in your assigned room and we're glad we could accommodate you with a room change. We can assure you that our guest comfort is our priority and your concerns are our concerns. We're working with our department heads to address your concerns about the mattresses and slow internet connectivity and appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention. We hope that we can invite you back for a much more comfortable stay.

Kind regards, Julia, AGM

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Good location ... easy access from I-05 and just a short drive to old St. Augustine and its visitor center parking. As with all Hampton Inns, a clean, comfortable place to stay. We would definitely choose this hotel again.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stay at Hampton Inns much of the time and this hotel was typical of what we expect. Check-in and check-out was seamless and all staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean, bed comfortable, and shower powerful. We did learn early on that you have to be sure the magnets on the shower curtain are firmly fixed to the tub or you will have water on the floor. Breakfast was fine and the guest laundry was located close to our room and worked just fine. The hotel is just off I-95 and a short ride to St. Augustine's Historic District.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet - all the qualities one looks for. The breakfast was excellent - especially the homemade oatmeal. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, this was an excellent experience. Thank you

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our room was very quiet for being next to the highway. Everything was clean and it was only about 5 miles to downtown St. Augustine. The internet access was easy and the breakfast included everything you might want.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I took my daughter to this hampton inn for a school visit to Flagler College. I've stayed at this location many times before for business and as usual was not disapointed. The staff here is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable and nicely appointed. The continental breakfast is good, coffee is always on and fresh. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again and highly reccomend this hampton inn for all to try.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family