“Extremely friendly and welcoming”

Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Kitchener, ON
“Extremely friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed at this location for one night, with our party renting two rooms. Both rooms were nice and spacious, clean and had flat screen TV's.

The staff there were outstanding in making us feel comfortable and welcome. They served fresh cookies at 6pm and the breakfast was good too. Warm and plenty of selection.

The only complaint I have is that two phone calls to Canada of less than 30 minutes total cost $48. This isn't 1995 any more. I made an inquiry about a rate reduction at the desk on check out but was only given a business card of the manager. I was disappointed by that.

Overall, a very friendly place to stay, but do use another service to make long distance phone calls.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Checked in late in evening. Manager was friendly and helpful, even helped resolve internet connection problem. Room was spotless, breakfast was fresh, table clean, staff friendly. Seemed everyone had a smile. Got a call a few days after I left that a garment was left in the room and they were sending it to me. Guess I should have expected that with the level of service.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank critic34293
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Hotel like new, very clean, comfortable and quiet. Location within 15 minutes to historic district.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
RLHoffman, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Thanks for your review! People are the secret to our success - both our Hampton Guests and our Hampton Team. We appreciate each and every guest - and we especially appreciate the great feedback! Hope to see you again soon.
Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Stayed one night at the Hampton Inn on SR 16. We arrived a little early and the room was not ready but they checked us in and gave us our keys. We returned after some shopping and dinner at Sonny's Barbecue and the room was ready. The room was as advertised and clean. They forgot the fold away cot but quickly sent one up. The warm cookies were a great snack before bed. The morning breakfast was excellent and plentiful. The lady working the breakfast area worked hard to make sure everything was well stocked. The hot choices were sausage and two types of omellettes. The big hit as usual were the waffles.

Ashly on the front desk was an excellent ambassador for Hampton Inns and she was an asset to the company. She was friendly and always had a smile on her face.

We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
RLHoffman, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate our people and are glad that it shows. We look forward to having as our guests next time you visit Saint Augustine and thanks for making the Hampton Inn your Home Away form Home!

Robert Hoffman
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We had one of our best Christmas' far from home. We were made to feel like we were within family. Tina, Ashley, Edie & several others were always smiling and very helpful whenever we saw them.
Many thanks to the employees here!
WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed December 2010
RLHoffman, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I shared this review with our team and particularly the ones you named specifically. We re all so glad you enjotyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again. Here at Hampton we know that it is our people that make the difference, both the people that make up our team and also the people that call us their 'Home Away From Home.' Thanks again and many happy returns!
Columbus, OH
Reviewed December 17, 2010

This hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is located close to the outlet malls for great shopping and has easy access to I-95. It is a short drive to Old Town St Augustine & beaches - about 10 mimutes. I am a light sleeper and found the top floor to be very quiet and restful. There are several restaurants close by and I can recommend Sonny's Real Pit BBQ for good food at a good price. The Hampton Inn at $89 AAA rate was a great value. The breakfast was acceptable and filling. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank SteveColumbus_OH
RLHoffman, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, December 18, 2010
Thanks for staying with us! We greatly appreciate your input and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make our property your 'home away from home.' Come and stay with us again!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2010

All about this hotel as as other newer Hamptons -- consistency, comfort, quality & value.
A very nice extra at Hamptons is the 'Cookie Service" in the evenings. Most Hamptons
have them available at 5 or 6 PM at the latest. NOT HERE! Don't expect them until
8 PM -- far too late for most weary travelers. When asked why they were served so late,
no good answer was given -- just a comment about "this is how we do it, if you don't like it, tough -- go somewhere else." We just may do that on our next trip. Too bad. All else about this hotel is typically Hampton. Just a poor night clerk.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob and Evelyn S
RLHoffman, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Augustine - I-95, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Thanks for the compliment and I really appreciate the input regarding the cookies. My Assistant GM, Julia has taken the initiative to change the time for the cookies from 8PM to 6PM. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for staying with us!