Our recent trip to St. Augustine's World Gof Village was secretly planned as a surprise birthday gift to my husband (an avid golfer) for his 73rd birthday. He had no idea where we were going until we arrived. This hotel exceeded my expectations completely! The hotel has a beautiful open atrium from the lobby all the way up to the top 9th floor! There are four glass enclosed elevators with a view over the indoor fountains, waterfalls and river located in the middle of the atrium. Many large circles (mixed colors and metallic) hang from the ceiling and reflect sunlight over the entire atrium area.
Our room was large, squeeky clean, and very tastefully decorated. Nice robes hung in the closet, and the lemongrass soaps and shampoos in the bathroom was a nice spa touch. Most rooms had balconies with 2 chairs and a table, but our room did not. Anyway, It was a little too hot and humid to sit outdoors in Florida in July, so we did not even miss the balcony. There was a refrigerator, a marble countertop with a mini sink, and coffee service in the room, which was very convenient. I was glad to find that the room was really quiet at night, unlike some of the previous reviews which I read on this website. Perhaps that was because we were on the 9th floor and a few steps down a corridor.
I used the exercise room and was impressed by the modern equipment (private tv and earphones on each treadmill, a large sauna, etc.) There was even a basket with fresh fruit on top of the water cooler!
We got the senior citizen discount on the Marriott website which was only $101/night plus tax. What a wonderful hotel for such a low price!
This World Golf Village is a large complex with 4 golf courses, the World Golf Hall of Fame, Imax theatre, huge pro golf shops, restaurants, large day spa, etc. You wouldn't run out of things to see and do there, expecially if you are a golfer. St. Augustine is about 20 minutes from the complex, but if you are going on a weekend, you need to make two separate weekend trips to give each one justice.
On the down side, parking is limited. There is always valet parking available, but free parking seems to be a problem. There are additional spaces available to park, but you have to walk a distance to the hotel from where they are located, mostly over by the shopping area. Also, the concierge was there on Friday when we arrived, but on Saturday and Sunday there was a sign on her desk instructing people to go to the main desk for assistance. You would think that Saturday and Sunday would be her busiest days.....
In summary, I would recommend the Marriott Renaissance Resort to anyone, golfer or non-golfer. The world class spa would be enough for me to return (without my golfing husband) either alone or with a girl friend for spa treatments. I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel.
P.S. OK, I just re-read my review and it sounds like a hotel employee wrote it, but honestly I have no connections with Marriott, I just liked this hotel and did my best to give you as much detail as possible! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore everything that downtown St. Augustine has to offer! Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Convention Center offers a complimentary shuttle for individual guests to and from downtown St. Augustine(based on availability). The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort offers fresh, well appointed accommodations featuring 37 inch flat-panel televisions, sparkling new bathrooms and furnishings, high-speed wireless Internet access, spacious work areas, wet bars and refrigerators among many modern luxuries. Meet in the largest combination hotel and convention center between Orlando and Atlanta. Within 15 minutes of the resort enjoy 108 holes of championship golf, including the Slammer and Squire, located just steps from your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance World Golf Village Hotel Saint Augustine
- Renaissance Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Renaissance