World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
$140
$128
$206
$187
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$99
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$159
$199
$161
Hampton.com
Ascend Collection Castillo Real(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
AscendHotels
$240
$229
Autograph
  • Restaurant
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$136
Travelocity
1,056 results
All reviewshall of famecaddy shackconvention centerimax theaterbill murraybeautiful resortwet barself parkingfree shuttleshuttle servicelobby areaminute driveoutlet mallgolfersatriumcaddyshackvillagio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2008

The World Golf Village is a wonderful place to stay if you want some piece of quite!! My husband and I went for our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was a wonderful trip. There is a lot of history in this small town and the resort itself is amazing!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I traveled with our two small children in early 2007 and again just recently and both times we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. They have a good size pool with hot tub and even a playground for young children! They have a breakfast buffet ($15/person however kids are free) which consisted of pancakes, bacon, sausage, grits, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, breads, etc. Chocolate and white milk were also avail. at no additional charge. Our waitress was very kind too. The hotel has undergone a complete renovation and looks FABULOUS! Our check in went very smoothly and the front desk manager (don't remember his name) even upgraded us to a pool view at no additional charge!! Our room had two double beds (VERY COMFY by the way) with down comforters, a decent size bathroom and even a balcony overlooking the pool, hot tub and playground. The flat screen tv in the room was a bonus. Only problem with the bathroom was there was no fan to circulate the air so the bathroom tended to get "muggy". Overall we have been here two times and can't wait to come back. KUDOS to this hotel!! All hotels should be like this! THANKS FOR THE GREAT STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2008

The newly re-furbished rooms at the Renaissance Hotel at World Golf Village are quite lovely, we enjoyed a "light" dinner at the bar/bistro instead of the "pricier" dining room, and settled in for a night of sleep which was not to come. The hotel has put in a "vacuum" type of toilet which could be heard in our room no matter where it was flushed! How disappointing that more soundproofing was not done.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2008

We just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. My husband is a Marriott Gold member so we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival. It was very nice and very useful when you are a party of 5. The balcony was amazing - it was hugh and overlooked the pool. The hotel is being renovated - the new theme is very nice. They have finished the carpet and painting for five floors. Not sure if all the rooms have been renovated yet - ours had been. The lobby is very nice but several times they had events going on there (wedding reception, etc.). Housekeeping was ok - they failed to leave us enough towels or toiletries after the first day. They did respond when I asked for them. There is no restaurant right now but the first night we ordered Pizza Hut pizza from room service (they cook it at the hotel) and it was great.

The pool is nice but basic. Some of the older folks didn't appreciate the noise my kids were making (just typical kid noise) and there were not many kids around. You can also use the King and Bear resort facilities which are 10 minutes away - they have a nice pool there (2 actually) that are more geared towards kids. There is also four tennis courts there that we used on several occasions. The fitness center was wonderful - great equipment and plenty of it. The area right around the hotel is nice. There is the IMAX theatre which we went to once and a putting course as well as other golf related activities. We rented bikes one day (they only have 4) and went around the World Gold Village neighborhoods. We ate at Caddy Shack once and the food was fine. St Augustine is about 15-20 mintues away and we went several times into town for dinner and one day for the historic stuff.

My biggest complaint was the noise. It is a noisy hotel. There is construction going on at this hotel - right now it is primarily the restaurant area. They do start working early - you hear drills and saws by 7:30 a.m. This would probably be a problem in a regular room which opens to the atrium but wasn't too much of a problem for us because the bedroom is set back. One morning housekeeping was banging on all the doors at 8 a.m. Luckily we had put our "Do not distrub" sign out. The most noise was made by the carts filled with food that they keep running over the cobblestone area around the lounge area outside. It literally sounded like a Mach truck! They would do this in the morning and then late in the evening. I am not sure if was because the main restaurant was closed so this may end when the construction is finished. I'm not sure where the carts were coming and going from but it looked like to the convention area which is on the side of the hotel. This was extremely annoying especially since we wanted to enjoy the balcony and the night breeze.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 19, 2008

I just returned from an eight night stay here and must say it was a most pleasing experience. Part of my stay was for a conference and then my husband joined me and we stayed an additional 3 nights. I cannot say enough good about how accommodating the staff was during my stay. Even the other conference attendees commented on how attentive they were to everyone's needs. They were very friendly and were eager to serve. I asked for a change in rooms because when I booked there were no king beds. But they graciously changed my room so when my husband came down we could have a king bed. It, also, had an incredible view overlooking the lake and Hall of Fame grounds. Very clean - nice balcony- pretty decor. The conceirge service was equally helpful - especially Ann.
It is about a 20 minute drive to downtown St. Augustine which was not a problem for us. I, personnally, think I preferred not being right down in the midst of everything. The Renaissance was in the midst of very beautiful grounds and surroundings, much more laid back and relaxing place to stay,
We did not eat there once the conference was over as I had my share of conference food. But the room service menu was quite reasonably priced and I was told the breakfasts, especially, were excellent.
There is still construction going on, but it never interfered with any part of my stay. I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2008