“Excellent hotel!”

World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We checked in last minute on a Saturday night. John at the front desk took great care of us. We have two young kids and he offered to have a pop up bed brought to our room, which fit perfectly between the beds and worked great. The hotel is very nice and clean. Great service from everyone at the hotel. It definitely exceeded our expectations and at a great price/value!

• Stayed: April 2013
Ashleigh B, Guest Services Manager at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your kind words about our resort. I am so pleased that John was able to assist you and your family and make your stay comfortable. Hopefully next time you will be able to stay a few days with us to take advantage of what the resort and St. Augustine has to offer. Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here April 12th. The room was OK but had a continual hummmmm from the air conditioner. The bed was comfortable..only two lights in the room..One by the bed and one on the desk. We did have a balcony and that we nice. The overall decor of the facility is strange..I couldn't tell if it was Asian, Modern or a combination of both. The lime green chairs in the lobby need to go into a time capsule with the Jetsons. The streamers hanging the ceiling need to be taken down and put back up for New Years Eve. The people at the desk were nice and very polite. Now for the real problem....NOISE. We stayed on a Friday night. We had planned to eat downstairs. Not a lot of choices as St. Augustine is about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes away. It was very noisy...a band and someone trying to sing. You couldn't hear yourself think. So we went next door to the Caddy shack and that was worse. We asked to be seated outside. It is very noisy inside. We waited 20 minutes and never received any service so we left. We decided to go back to the hotel and see if they had outside dinning. We were in luck. We were told to order at the bar and then we could take everything outside. That worked. We heard several others complaining of the noise level inside. The waiters and waitresses could not hear you and you could not hear them!! Not really a golf club type atmosphere. I felt like I was at an after party for the Indy 500. We had stayed here once before and didn't think it was great but if you are playing golf in the area you don't have a lot of selections. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ljt123

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am so sorry to hear that you were not a fan of our Friday Night Live event. This is always a popular event with our locals as well as our guests. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our outdoor dining on La Terrazza. As for downtown St. Augustine we are about a 20 minute drive and we do provide a complimentary shuttle that will take you there in the evening for dinner. I hope that you give us another chance to provide you with the service and accommodations that you deserve.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was their yesterday with a friend for a meeting and we ate in the grill. The food was so bad I sent it back over half same with my friend. Our waitress was just a bad.. Never refilled out drinks ( water) and took 20 mins to bring our bill.. She had charge a gratuity. I told her no.. The serve and food was bad. She came back with about a 1.50 off the bill. Even talk to the asst manager and he offered nothing.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank whitedaisy51

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant Villagio. I apologize that the food and service were not up to par. We strive to provide every guest with impeccable service and clearly we did not in your case. I have brought your concerns to our restaurant management and we will see that these events do not affect our guests in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I came here for a weekend getaway and were a little disappointed by the place. They wanted to charge you $4.oo for a bottle of water and $13.00 a day for internet service. There were children running up and down the hall all hours of the night and when we complained about it to the front desk, the guy just replied, "Well you are surrounded by a group of relatives"and laughed. We usually stay at the Hampton and think we will stick with them. The greatest part was the glass elevators! LOL!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay here if we go to St Augustine. They always have a good deal on the name your own price websites. They have golf nearby and a small course at the hotel for kids, family etc. it is not a busy hotel so there is peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Check online discount sites, usually have a deal
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Saturday morning we decided to take a 4 hour ride to St Augustine for a Rythym & Ribs Festival. We wanted to stay someplace nice and the highest rated hotel in the area was the Renaissance World Golf Village Resort. It was very last minute and we got a good price.

I would rate this resort a solid 4 stars. It's actually out of the way for just about anything you would do in St. Augustine except to play golf. The course was very nice. The driveway to the hotel is about 1.5 miles and it's in a beautiful area. You will feel very safe at this hotel.

The hotel personnel and the check-in/check-out people were courteous and polite.

Our room was a bit noisy from an ice maker nearby, but not noisy enough to ask for a room change. The A/C was ice cold. The room was very clean. Absolutely NO musty smell in the room, which is common this part of Florida. The room had all the standard amenities that you usually get in a nice hotel. There was a mini-fridge that was empty except for a huge hunk of ice that had built up in the open small freezer section. We had 2 double beds (not queen) in our room and surprisingly they were uncomfortable after a couple hours, however the sheets were really soft and comfy. Actually, the sheets were excellent. It took about 4-5 minutes to get hot water for a shower.

I hate being nickle and dimed to death when I travel. The standard price for this room was listed at $189.00. Wi-fi was an extra $12.95 plus tax per night, and they charged you $4.00 for a bottle of water that was not in the fridge. This seemed very strange because the water in this part of Florida has a horrible taste to it (even the city water) and in a nice place it should have been free or at a maximum $1.00 a bottle and in the fridge cold. But really - $4.00 for a bottle of water - ridiculous. Hint to the manager. If the water was in the fridge, then the gals making up the room would have seen the ice build up in the freezer section and you might sell more water if its cold and save on fridge repairs. The resort also advertised a free breakfast. Well, come to find out that's is not entirely true. The standard room does not get wi-fi or breakfast included in the price. The same room for more $$ per night does get these add ons. This surprise was my fault as I didn't notice this on the web-site. Although, for $189.00 a night they should be included in every room as well as the water (hello Marriott - this is 2013 and wi-fi is no longer a novelty, plus most lesser brands offer wi-fi and breakfast for free now at a much lower per night price point I might add . We were never offered the upgrade at check-in. We didn't get to use the pool, spa or fitness center, but they did look nice. There was a Starbucks like coffee shop that served Starbucks, but I don't think it was a true Starbucks. You may ask why I'm making a big deal about breakfast? I may be wrong, but it seemed like the closest place to eat a true breakfast (not at the hotel) was about 20-25 minutes away. Like I said earlier, this is not close to where all the action is in St. Augustine.

Would I stay here again? Yes, if the price was right, especially if I wanted to play golf in the area. It was a nice safe place and knowing about being nickle and dimed ahead of time takes away the sting if you are not prepared for it and you could bring your own water by the gallon if you want 25 -50 cents in the store or outside water vending machines (no nasty taste) which are common in Florida.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, I just wish it was a bit closer to the fun spots of St. Augustine, but I think the average guest goes there for the golf.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near an 'ice maker'
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrReviewer100
Ashleigh B, Guest Services Manager at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to go into such detail about your stay and observations. We have a large variety of packages that can be customized to your liking to include internet, breakfast, golf and much more. We do provide complimentary wireless internet in our atrium for those who do not want to pay the fee in the guest rooms. We also have a wonderful breakfast buffet in Villagio’s or if you want something lighter you can order off the menu or to go in our resort shop. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and hopefully next time you will be able to take advantage of all of our amenities.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night in way home from
Spring Break . Very nice . Lobby is awesome with atrium style with glass elevators - kids loved it . Rooms were spacious and clean with wet bar and fridge. Beds super comfy . Enjoyed pool and hot tub the next morning before we left .

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Scraphappy12

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully next time you will be able to spend a couple days with us and take advantage of our wonderful amenities. Look forward to seeing you again.