“Customer delight; customer happiness; Renaissance delivers”

World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Winder, GA
“Customer delight; customer happiness; Renaissance delivers”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Renaissance World Golf Village has everything visitors require: Superb rooms, excellent restaurants, good bar, great people. Plus, it has the World Golf Hall of Fame, and superb golf only minutes away. Everything you require, Renaissance delivers. You absolutely cannot go wrong.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Harden P, Dir. of Quality and Style at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words in regards to your most recent visit with us. We are always striving to provide better service for our guests. If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to reach out to us at your leisure.

We look forward to being your destination of choice when you are in the Northeast Florida area.

Harden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our family was very pleasantly surprised by the room upgrade offered during our recent stay at the Renaissance in St.Augustine. The suite had a separate bedroom and small "kitchen" area which was just perfect since we were traveling with our grandchildren. The service was outstanding and our complaint that our balcony area was dirty was answered quickly with a complete scrub down. Although a drive from the attractions of downtown historic sites, the comforts of this hotel will ensure a return visit. Also, do not miss the18 hole putting green golf course.... At $5 each it was a good value and fun for all.

Room Tip: Second floor over looking the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Surprised about how much we enjoyed the resort. Right from the beginning the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious. We were able to request a microwave for the room. Having the hall of fame right there was great. At night they had a piano player singing fun songs. We also got a great rate on the room. One negative but it was the time of year the pool was very cold and its not heated. We would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012

Loudon, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Renaissance World Golf Village before, and enjoyed each stay.
The front desk people are friendly and professional and get you into your room in a timely manner. The rooms are clean and comfortable and offer great views of the golf course and properties. The hotel lobby is welcoming and offers you a relaxing place to meet have drinks and socialize. The restaurant is ok, but I notice the prices are kinda hign. The breakfast can be buffett or order from the menu. I feel I like a good cup of coffee in the morning, but to me the coffee isn't great. The breakfast food is the usual with an egg station. Ok by standards.
There is a Starbucks in the lobby for us who need something to get us going.
The grounds are kept clean and you can relax and walk around the property. The swimming pool is great and the renovations that were completed offer you the sitting area in comfortable lounge chairs and sofas.
You have to talk with Dee.. She is at the desk to the left when we arrived. She is so nice and friendly and can help you with all your questions. And I enjoyed speaking to her.
My only concern is the vending machines which can prove to be too loud. I was three rooms from them, but heard them in my room which was annoying. But other than that I had no problems.
This hotel I think is a four star trying to work up to a five star. Some perks are needed to get there. I belong to the Marriott Group, but other than a room up-grade by Dee there wasn't much more.
Don't get me wrong, I will stay there again on my visits to St. Augustine. Centrally located to I95, outlets and golf, a short drive to Historic St Augustine for great restaurants and shops, but also close to my family when I visit.
So try it out and see what you think. Hope you enjoy!!

Room Tip: Call Hotel direct for offers and also for special deals not viewed on line.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel recently. The drive up was pleasant, the arrival was flawless and we will stay here the next time we are in the area. I'll start with the food and beverage side. All food was served in a timely manner. Sometimes I ask my server to hold the fries, but I'm glad we didn't. The dishes here do not need to be altered. We eat out quite often, and have become jaded with food presentation. Each of our meals were a visual, and tasty, delight. The bar was fully stocked, they even had a nice selection of, local, draft beers. Residents of the U. S. are currently enjoying an influx of amazing locally brewed beers. Thumbs up to the F & B director that is leading the way at this resort. The rooms and property. The restrooms/room design are the reason for a four star, and not a five star review. The restroom offers space for one person to move comfortably. This is the only reason I give four, and not five stars. I'm a tall guy and my wife is short. Shuffling in the restroom is a challenge for us if the restroom doesn't have a his and her side. The hotel not having this could be for any number of reasons. Who knows if management had any say in the initial design of this property, it could simply be a reflagged hotel. Also, when flushing the toilet it can be heard throughout the entire room. We prefer a bit of noise abatement throughout a hotel room. The property needs some signage in the lobby, we felt a bit lost when walking out of any elevator. Halfway through the second day we knew where we were going. But hey, if you let me know where everything is right when I checkin, it's much easier for me to spend my money...I'll know where to go. Having to look through a book to orientate myself, or make a phone call wastes time...and time is money. We will take advantage of the golf course the next time we stay, the grass was beautiful.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Jacksonville Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The last 3 years I go to stay at the Renaisance (Marriott) of World Golf Village in St. Augustine in Sept. It is always lovely and clean. I enjoy the food at the restaurant and bar area. Only one time the service was too slow (at the bar). There is close to a grocery close by if I wanted to buy food to have on site. Each floor faces inward and walking out of your room you have a great view into the center of the lovely looking lobby. With that one exception, I get great service everytime I go. It has a great golf course there with some small shops within walking distance of the hotel. If you are looking for a hotel very near the old St. Augustine city, this is not it. You can drive to it though. If you are looking for a relaxing and lovely location with great service, this is it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I booked a single night stop-over at this hotel enroute to the Carolinas for a wedding. I was somewhat concerned about a few of the previous reviews on the property but was pleasantly surprised to find a gorgeous hotel with the most luxurious room, pleasant setting, and really friendly associates. Not a single one of the negative comments that I read was experienced and I have every reason to give this hotel a top notch rating.
We were greeted with a pleasant and professional front desk associate who efficiently assigned us a room, informed us about free wi-fi service and a free movie for our Marriott elite Rewards status, and provided information about the property. The room was modern, luxuriously appointed, and immaculate. We did have a problem with the bathroom sink drain not working properly, but a single call to the front desk and the problem was repaired by the time we got back from dinner. By the way, Bill Murray's CaddyShack is right on the opposite end of the hotel parking lot and highly recommended for any meal of the day. While the weather outside was frightful (our stay was during one night of Tropical Storm Sandy - not yet a hurricane in Florida) inside was a beautiful atrium, a restaurant, business center/PCs and a bar, none of which we needed to utilize, but were nevertheless attractive if desired. This property exceeded our expectations. It is however, quite isolated and a good 20 minutes from St Augustine proper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Harden P, Dir. of Quality and Style at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2012