All reviewstravel lodgeroom was cleanold townfront desk ladyclose to towncoffee makerqueen bednice poolyogurtcottageaugustinemicrowaveattractionsrates
Reviewed November 29, 2006

This was my second stay at this hotel, having stayed over Thanksgiving 2005 as well. Its near downtown, within walking distance actually. We walked back from downtown one evening, but I would not recommend that for everyone. Its only a $6 cab fare to the historic downtown district. The rooms were amazingly clean and comfortable. I was not disappointed. Room had a fridge and microwave as well. If you want a resort, this is not it. They have a small pool, but this is a hotel for when you are going to be out and about more than staying in.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jenlyn-Jax
Reviewed May 25, 2006

If you're looking for clean simple rooms and some friendly management this Travelodge has them. There were no cigarette butts outside our door, no beer drinkers next door or loud teens. On the other hand there are no lawns, no grounds and one feels like one is sleeping in a cubicle on asphalt. There is one very nice large tree in front. The pool was nothing special but it was clean. The neighborhood is not beachy or duney but it was a quiet street, seemed safe. We kept our little dog in a crate in the car at night and nobody complained but there is a sign in the lobby NO PETS so be aware. For the money I think we can do better. The prices here should start at $65., not $90. Thanks

Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank erminiver
Reviewed April 29, 2006

A recent experience I had with the St. Augustine Travelodge and the corporate headquarters has convinced me that they are only interested in making money and have abandoned any idea of customer service. Their motto must be, "The customer is always wrong."

I made a reservation and then had to cancel it months in advance of the reservation date. The reservation was apparently not entered into the computer. I was charged $175 for one night because they claimed that I was a no show. The charge was substantially more than the room rate that was quoted to me and they refused to refund the charge. The owners were sure I was in the wrong and would not deal with me.

I wrote to the Travelodge corporate headquarters and sent copies of my letters to the Travelodge in St. A. The only response was a phone call telling me to send them my cancellation number. I wasn't given a cancellation number, my cancellation apparently was never entered into their computer. If my reservation had been entered into the computer, I wouldn't need a cancellation number -- my reservation would have been cancelled.

Neither the corporate headquarters nor the St. Augustine location would ever respond to my complaint that my alleged no show charge was more than the room rate I would have paid.

Good luck dealing with Travelodge.

13  Thank gretchen1565
Management response:Responded May 22, 2006

The motel/hotel advance reservations are subject to cancellation policy. If reservation is not cancelled within the set time frame and guest do not show up, the motel management has the right to charge for 1 night stay plus tax. Many guests do not understand that if they are making reservation, they guarantee their arrival with their credit card. We recently see that some guests, being upset about charge for "no show", are going to various travel websites and write bad reviews. These people in most cases didn't even see our property and our rooms. Please understand, that if you make advanced reservation ,you block the room and this room is not available to be reserved by someone else. If we don't have cancellation policy we would be losing money and no motel/hotel operation can afford it. Dear TripAdvisor members and motel guests, please be honest in your responses. Thank you for staying with us and come back again! Grace Sroka-Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2005

We just stayed at this hotel, the previous review almost made me cancel, there is no truth in the negativity, the travelodge is sqeaky clean, no odor, no bugs! I highly recommend this lodging for it's affordability and cleanliness. It is located about a mile from the historic district, a 5 minute ride. parking is not a problem especially this time of year, we got to see all and did not pay a dime. The only drawback is that free parking is for 2 hours and they monitor quite carefully. you can stay in an all day for $6.00. Out of ten reviews there is only one bad one so I believe that you will be comfortable at this location.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank nevchrist
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Having stayed in Travelodges in various countries we knew the level of accommodation to expect. This was on a par with other hotels. Whilst it is obviously not the highest standard - what do you expect for the price? - it is adequate, clean, and had the facilities you need e.g. fridge, safe, hairdryer etc.

The breakfast can hardly be called that- but it's free - orange juice, coffee and a pastry-type cake. Saves you having to search out a restaurant early in the day.

The pool is okay - bit near the road, but screened off.

A word of advice - if you go to st. Augustine on holiday - do go on the trolley bus ghost tour - it's a hoot!

• Stayed: July 2005