All reviews travel lodge room was clean old town front desk lady coffee maker nights of lights hotel room nice pool cottage downtown augustine microwave attractions danish rates trolley proximity
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Bad all around. Office people are unattentive to guest needs. There is a doorbell on the office, which is very close to rooms, that is EXTREMELY loud and obnoxious, impossible to sleep while it's going off. Just a bad vibe overall when talking to staff. I called room service to get a broom and dustpan to our room (friend had broken some glass) and the lady made me come down to the office (and suffer the wrath of the inanely loud doorbell) and wait for 5 minutes to get them, and then told me to walk the 300 feet to the back of the hotel to throw it away in the dumpster! So much for customer service. They offer a kitchenette as one of their amenities, and when I asked for kitchenwares, received 2 bowls, 3 mugs, silverware, two tiny pots, and a small skillet. Had to go buy more equipment. They also tried to charge me $50 to "fix" the free wifi that didn't work. Don't come here. Sucks.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
HEENAHOSPITALITY, Owner at Travelodge by Wyndham Suites St Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2010

Thank you very much for your input. However, I would like to clarify the kitchenware issue. We clearly state that we only offer basic utensils for kitchenette rooms. Also, our wireless is completely free, so we cannot charge you anything for it. And as per many customers’ request, we have replaced our welcome bell with a quieter one. Once again, we really appreciate your review.

Jigisha Patel
Owner

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I can't beleive any of the bad reports about this hotel. It is a standard cheap chain hotel, with nothing special or memorable about it, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and the Indian couple who own/manage it are most hospitable, welcoming and helpful.
Breakfast was poor, just juice, muffins and coffee, like many of this standard of hotel/motel, but with a microwave and fridge in the room, we soon learned how to do a "full english" in the micro - bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast & marmalade (toast precooked & prepacked at Publix) We enjoyed our stay and would happily go back.

Date of stay: February 2010
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Truth is i was a little skeptical about staying here after reading some of the reviews. we wanted to save as much money as possible on a hotel so we could enjoy other things in st. augustine since all we do is sleep there anyway. It was our 17 year anniversary as well, and we decided to give this hotel a try and see for ourselves. We were happy to find this place clean, and quiet , very comfortable bed and housekeeping cleaned well after we were out for the day so we came back to a nice room. I found nothing to complain about with this hotel. It is not a fancy place but it suit our purpose, as well as our budget. I will stay here the next time i visit.

Date of stay: February 2010
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I booked this hotel based on an add on Orbitz.com. I called several times for information so I knew I was booking exactly what I wanted for the price I was qouted and each time I was told I was getting a 2 bedroom apartment suite only to arrive to some indian guy telling me that I pust pay 100$ more than I was told if I wanted that room. So I was forced to pay 100$ a night for a 1 bedroom "suite" with bloody pillows and stained couches. The man at the front desk ran was rude threatend to call the police if we did not stay the night we had booked. Charged my credit card without notice. It was the worst experience I had ever had.

Date of stay: July 2009
3  Thank ktbazan
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed her on June 10th 2009 and this was by far the best 2 star hotel I have EVER stayed at. The lady at the front desk was as sweet and helpful as she could be. Interesting to talk to her...She was from india and we talked a lot about her heritage. The rooms were the average regular hotel rooms but comfortable and very clean. The pool was clean and my daughters just loved it. They had a coffee maker in the rooms but the coffee at the front dest is better. As far as location it's about 1.5 miles to downtown...MAYBE and it is on San Marco, but the traffic is not that bad where the hotel is. Only problem we had were some very loud guest on one of the nights there, but the front Desk took care of it quickly, and made sure all was well with us after. Two star rating with a three or four star customer service. I highly recomend staying here and I will stand behind that. These people were great the staff were nice and the rooms were cleaned. We paid 72 a night but it was well worth the money.

Date of stay: June 2009