All reviewstravel lodgeroom was cleanold townfront desk ladyclose to towncoffee makerqueen bednice poolyogurtcottageaugustinemicrowaveattractionsrates
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I called to have my trip paid for in advance 2 weeks before I left I have done this before int he past with other hotels and if they can do it they do it if they can't do they let me know. The manager Shurshe Petel took my card information but did not use my card information for what I called for. When I checked in and asked that my stay was paid in full the woman who is his wife told me yes. I however was not charged until after I returned home. I called very up set the next day that Igave my credit card information over the phone and they didn't use it for what I asked them to use it for or inform me thats not something they can do the manager got very defensive would not appologize for the misunderstanding so I called their 1800 customer complain number. I had to wait 5 days to hear back form the manager in St. Augustine but still very up set I called Shursh Petel back And was told that they been working and their end to resolve the matter witht hei attorneies. They needed my bank account information and social security number to help me any further. I told them they were crazy I would not give them that infomation. They told me if I wasn't willing to work with them they couldn't help me. When I called the 1800 number they told me there is no reason to get an attorney involved in this isue or to ever ask a customer for their social and Bank information. Use cautoion when booking here. I believe these people are crooks.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank tristnicole86
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We chose this hotel based on recommendations from the Visitor Center across from the Ripley's Mueseum in St. Augustine FL.
We were quoted a rate of $69 per night per room from the owner of the property. Upon arrival, we were told that there w wanted to use it there would be a $30 charge. My son was very excitedas only one room and the other one had a jacuzzi and that if I about the jacuzzi tub. I agreed to the charge. I wasn't as vigilant about reading the contract as I should have been...my fault I know. The room was charged to me at a rate of $139 for one room for one night. When I discussed it with the owner I was told that I needed to pay more attention and that she told me what the rate was. The $69 quote was a lie to get us to the property.
The room itself was nothing special. The quilt/bed spread was run down and full of pills. There were throw pillows on the bed that were not fit for touching and there was a blood spot on the toilet seat.
These people are dishonest. Do NOT stay at this property. You would be much better off staying closer to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank kwoleson
Reviewed November 25, 2007

We have stayed here twice since our daughter started college at Flagler in Sept. 07. The prices are the most reasonable in the area, especially during Flagler events such as check-in and family weekend--all the other hotels are so far beyond reasonable because there really are not a lot of lodging choices in St. Augustine.
All the rooms have a min-fridge, coffee maker, microwave, hair dryer and FREE internet. I'm not sure if they all have a safe but ours did. Nice outdoor pool as well. The rooms are also very clean and everything works--no maintenance problems whatsoever. Since we aren't ever in the room very much, all we need is a place to sleep and shower, but we do have pretty high standards as far as cleanliness and so, obviously, do the owners. We have very rarely come across such wonderful people as the owners. They truly care about their guests comfort and have great advice for those unfamiliar with the area.
Drive time to Flagler, is about 5 minutes. Heck, drive time to anywhere in St. Augustine is about 5 minutes! But seriously, the property is really close to everything but you will have to drive the 5 minutes and find a place to park for sightseeing, shopping and attractions. Speaking of attractions, don't miss the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.
The beach is really close as well so unless you absolutely have to stay somewhere with a view of the water, insist on a hotel with room service, indoor pool and fitness center, or have excess money to waste staying at one of the other over-priced properties, there is no reason to stay anywhere else but here!!
Walk good!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank WalkGood2day
Reviewed October 17, 2007

My boyfriend and I LOVE to travel and we stay in many hotels along the way. I've never been so disgusted by a hotel/motel in my life than the one we stayed at in St. Augustine FL (nothing against st. augustine, it was beautiful). This wasn't a super cheap place, and we had just stayed in another hotel for the same price in Charleston which was AMAZING!!

Here is a list of just some of the things that totally freaked us out.

-The room smelt horribly of an ashtray as soon as we walked in, and on the wall there was a piece of paper taped that said "this room was serviced and reserved for non-smoking guests" which we gawked at.

-The dresser was dirty with burns from people smoking in it. Inside the dresser drawers were dirty too. Probably the most appaling thing was finding CONDOMS on top of the BIBLE!!!!

-The fridge was dirty, it had black smudges all over it, under it was a tray that was filthy, and on top of it was doritos no one had cleaned along with used domino pizza napkins.

-All the walls/doors/tv screen/mirrors/door knobs were smudged, un-cleaned and just gross. These things could of been easily cleaned with a wet rag.

-There was NO toliet paper anywhere in the room and we had to ask the front desk for some. All the towels had black stains on them, the chair and table in the room were both stained and dirty, and there were holes in the curtain.

-Chunks of the ugly border around the room had acutally been CUT OUT. insead of replacing it they went the super cheap route. Plus there were some really bad repair jobs and patchs in the walls. The remote was dirty and all the buttons were faded. Not only that, the battery cover was missing and was replaced with a cut up piece of plastic room key with "IHOP" on it just taped on!!

-The shower curtain was totally yellowed and the shower rings were old and dirty. There was mold on the shower head and a hair in the shower. Around the base of the toliet was dirty too.

-We also found a pink roach motel on top of the safe. That was scary. At this point we were too afraid to look under the bed. The coffee maker was also broken.

-There were cut up milk jugs under the air conditioning vent outside all the rooms that were moldy and collecting water from the condensation.

-The lady at the front desk (which smelt like dirty curry) actually told us to shut off all the lights/tv/air when we weren't in the room!!! And then there was a sign in the room that said the same thing!! It was crazy.

I never thought we would have to pay almost $100 to be so grossed out!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank nerrs
Reviewed May 28, 2007

When I called them, they tried to charge me way more than the online price. The guy was haggling with me like I was at some kind of international garage sale. It was so weirdly unprofessional. I got a really bad feeling about the place.

So, a week ahead of time, I called and cancelled my booking. They charged my credit card anyway for 2 nights. They never refunded the money, and when I called the corporate headquarters, I found out that the complaint would be handled by the owners (who were the people who ripped me off in the first place!). What a mess, will NEVER book with any travelodge again because you are totally at the mercy of the individual owner, there is no independent oversight.

Stayed: September 2006