“The truth behind this place.”

Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Titusville, Florida
“The truth behind this place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Upon arrival it looks like any other cheap hotel. Not quite roach but very close to it. The particular room I stayed in was not as dirty as I expected. When we arrived the curtain was a little in disarray, a walk down to the office and five minutes later it was fixed. The man who had come to solve the issue was friendly enough. It was hot inside as they turn the A.C off while unoccupied so if you do stay here and have made reservations call ahead about an hour before you get there.

The bathroom and room itself were spartan with a small fridge that went unused. There was also a microwave the remained silent. The AC was set high up close to the ceiling but a remote was provided. In the bathroom you'll find a bar of deodorant and bar of facial soap. No form of shampoo. No rug or any slip resistance which I expected. The shower head was very basic of course and it was a shower tub setup. Also featured in the shower a long strand of black hair, I have dark brown and it is short cut.

On the outside of the room, there is a ice maker and Soda Machine (Coke specifically) by the office. The parking lot is very small and I'm not entirely sure that they could support their entire compliment of rooms at capacity. Also you'll find a small but clean pool, it's more the size of a kiddie pool but is also slightly deep for that.

My biggest complaint, it's not on San Marco which means you could walk to St. George Street and downtown area without crossing neighborhoods. My biggest thumbs up, my room did not smell musty.

All in all, you get what you pay for. If you are expecting the Plaza and paying 50-80 then perhaps you should make sure no one is slipping anything into your drinks. If you're expecting to find a roof over your head and maybe a microwaved pizza and semi cold soda then you've found the spot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank CParker321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
pc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

I will start off with good....
Good: it was clean except for a slight smell, it has a small fridge/freezer, microwave
ok now the rest....
we saw other hotels once we got there in better shape and better priced
the pool paint missing on the inside everywhere so we did not go in
the manager was so cheap he turns off the lights while it is still dark out , I know this because we were leaving at about 5:45 am to go watch the sunrise and the ONLY light that was on was near the pool which was apx. 100 ft away and it was one of those street lights....so as i was walking down the stairs (which by the way the hand rail is not very secure and has bushes by it) I missed a step thought i was going to fall and then at the very bottom did fall on my face. My daughters (teenagers) were screaming and crying and my husband helped me up. Then he proceeded to let the man know that he needs to leave the lights on because his wife just fell and his comment was it is bright enough over there. SO....needless to say I would not recommend this hotel at all and by the way if you have more than 2 people get ready to ask for more towels because there to cheap to keep 4 up in the rooms and I had to go get toilet paper from the front desk the next day and not to mention the fly we found in the bottom of the tub dead when we got there.
Summing it up:
there are cheaper hotels that are alot nicer looking than this overall I would say don't go and if you do just remember...i warned you ;0) lol

OH and it is not close to downtown like they say

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ccr2009

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Ft. Pierce, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

This place was very filthy. It is worth your few extra dollars to find another place to stay. I took picture of this place, that's how bad it was and plan on sending them to someone, probably health department. I was afraid to touch even the tv, everything was dirty and you didn't dare to put anything down. The swimming pool was so dirty that it looked black in spots. This place is a dump.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelnow50
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

My Wife and 2 kids arrived in town VERY late and most places were full, so we pulled into this place in the dark. The kids were asleep in the car and I paid $49 for the room. When we got in the room, it was foul smelling and very dirty. I didn’t even undress to sleep on top of the bed. Fortunately, we only stayed here for some quick sleep and shower in the morning. The tub didn’t drain at all and the air conditioning didn’t work. Fortunately it wasn’t too hot of weather. With light in the morning, I found empty pill bottles next to the bed and the sheets were stained with (I wouldn’t want to guess). This place is disgusting and I will NEVER stay at any Knights Inn again as long as I live. We moved to a nicer place early in the morning.

• Liked — $49 cheap
  • Disliked — Everything was disgusting
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2007

I booked this motel on line on Motels.com it was given a 3 star rating by AAA how this can be I don't know but they will be hearing from me next! My son and I came over from the West side of the state for a get a way and arrived at 1 dropped our stuff off and left. When we got back later that evening went in and it was the most disgusting place I have seen!! I am including pictures of the filth and the peeling paint, the mold and just nasty place it was, the roach pictures did not turn out!!! Horrible people hanging out in the parking lot which was so small we almost had to park in the street!!! DO NOT GO THERE AT ANY COST!!!!

• Liked — Nothing Filthy And Disgusting
  • Disliked — The Roaches
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

My boyfriend and I visited the Knight’s Inn at the very end of May and had a wonderful visit. The staff was very nice and the room was very clean,and a steal for the price and location. Having had such a wonderful visit the first time, we planned another trip at the end of July, mere months after our initial visit and we brought along 2 other couples. We checked in the room on Saturday July 28th around 5pm and promptly left to go explore the city.

Upon returning to the room a few hours later, we were amazed at the change in atmosphere. The place looked like a transient motel or weekly apartment rental establishment. While the women in my group were unloading the cars, there was a group of thuggish looking individuals hanging out in front of a room outside, drinking and cat calling us. Then a group of gentlemen came out of another room and hung around outside watching us come and go from our room. This entire atmosphere made us highly uncomfortable and we decided to see if we could find another room at another hotel. While looking for a phone book in our room, to our horror, we opened the top drawer of the nightstand and found a tube of personal lubricant. Now I have seen some things in my day but this was the last straw. We felt that we had checked into a brothel and were all quite disgusted with this find and horrified that the cleaning staff could have left this in the room for another guest to find.

The entire party entered the office and politely asked for a refund. The office staff was no help and did not care about our feelings of personal safety nor did he care about the lack cleanliness in the 2 rooms. The manager or owner was “not in town” and the gentleman was not being very helpful, quite unlike our first visit. We were all very polite in our request and never did one of our 6 voices rise above any normal volume. We tried our very best to keep the mood light in hopes that he’d realize that we were nice people and did not deserve to be treated this way. Maybe we should have been more demanding? However, we did leave the slum motel and immediately called our banks to dispute the charges.

One person’s dispute was honored and the other’s wasn’t. It’s sad that some businesses can’t help out a customer in a time where personal safety feels jeopardized. We hoped that we could have cleared this up with you at the Knight’s Inn without having to get the banks involved as it’s quite a hassle. I’m going to do my best to let fellow travelers know how unclean, unsafe and irresponsible of an establishment that the Knight’s Inn in St. Augustine, FL really is.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — service, rooms, other "guests"
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank RyMag
georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

the staff was very courteous. the rooms was very dirty, plaster was falling off the ceilings, poor plumbing problems. pool was very nasty. management allows children of employees to use pool and invite other kids over who are'nt guests to use pool. i asked the kids to not crowd my wife and kids who was sitting at the edge of the pool. the kids became unruly and spat and urinated in the pool while making racial remarks. the motel was very dirty and guests sit outside and get drunk and use profane lanuage. the music from guests is played so loud their cars rattle. we left the next day. will never stay here again.

• Liked — access to interstate
  • Disliked — other guests/dirty room
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here