“nothing like pictured”

Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Orange Park
“nothing like pictured”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

pool area closed and disgusting looking, building run down

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank denoOrangePark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2012

What more can I say? I thought this hotel was awesome for the price, you're in a beach town and you're minutes from the city center (Literally $7 cab ride to downtown). The hotel was clean, quaint and economic.

If you want the Hilton, pay for it... don't stay at a budget hotel. :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KristinMiller
Ghanysham P, General Manager at Knights Inn St Augustine/Historic District, responded to this review, August 10, 2016
Thank you for your review! Is true! If you're looking for a 5 star resort be prepared to pay a 5 star price! If you want a $300. a night hotel and location those are available. We offer economical and affordable accomodations located in the Historic District. 2-3 minute drive to downtown. Many attractions begin within walking distance. See you again soon!
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Stayed three nights, they charged for five. Went back with police and loud overbearing manager refused to refund money and threaten to charge more to my card! I will be pursuing legally as this is illegal to steal from my credit card.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Rcekme

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed 3 nights snd was charged for 5, manager is foreign and is very loud and overbearing. Even with police being called snd proving a 3 night stay he refused to correct and threaten to charge more. Police informed only recourse was civil or protest with charge card.

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank Rcekme362
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Honestly, I have never in my life, ever, stayed in such a dump!

The room was so dirty I felt instantly nasty just walking in. I didn’t even want to take my shoes off! Never touched the tv, microwave, or refrigerator; simply couldn’t bring myself to do it! There was a hair in the ice box. The furniture was broken and had more cigarette burns than I can count on both hands (check out the picture).

Bathroom comes with one bar of soap and two towels. It was so disgusting that I couldn’t even take a shower. Next morning I just washed my face, brushed my teeth, and checked out!

I absolutely do not recommend this hotel, not even to my worst enemy. If you can’t afford more, take my advise and sleep in your car. There are better hotels for the money. Or pay a bit more. It’s not worth your health!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank KitDuluCa
florida
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I originally booked a room at this hotel over the internet...after doing research I knew exactly what I was getting for such a low price! Was totally ok with that...only thing is it was on Ponce De Leon and I would rather be closer San Marco! Near most of the places we will visit!!! Called to cancel my reservation and the lady that answered the phone was very mean (to say the least). Could not cancel my reservation and asked for my name and number for the general manager to call me...are you freaking kidding me! I work in hotels and guaranteed you call us your reservation is canceled within a minute tops, providing you are outside the cancellation period, which i was! Reservation was for January 21, 2011. I was shocked...asked her name...she told me it and I asked her to spell it...all of a sudden there was no response...did she just hang up? wow! tried to call the 800 number and guess what...they keep discounting me too...maybe its my phone? nope tried from my boyfriends phone too! great customer service....glad i am NOT NOT NOT staying there :) First impressions last...

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drfrancis
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Upon arrival it looks like any other cheap hotel. Not quite roach but very close to it. The particular room I stayed in was not as dirty as I expected. When we arrived the curtain was a little in disarray, a walk down to the office and five minutes later it was fixed. The man who had come to solve the issue was friendly enough. It was hot inside as they turn the A.C off while unoccupied so if you do stay here and have made reservations call ahead about an hour before you get there.

The bathroom and room itself were spartan with a small fridge that went unused. There was also a microwave the remained silent. The AC was set high up close to the ceiling but a remote was provided. In the bathroom you'll find a bar of deodorant and bar of facial soap. No form of shampoo. No rug or any slip resistance which I expected. The shower head was very basic of course and it was a shower tub setup. Also featured in the shower a long strand of black hair, I have dark brown and it is short cut.

On the outside of the room, there is a ice maker and Soda Machine (Coke specifically) by the office. The parking lot is very small and I'm not entirely sure that they could support their entire compliment of rooms at capacity. Also you'll find a small but clean pool, it's more the size of a kiddie pool but is also slightly deep for that.

My biggest complaint, it's not on San Marco which means you could walk to St. George Street and downtown area without crossing neighborhoods. My biggest thumbs up, my room did not smell musty.

All in all, you get what you pay for. If you are expecting the Plaza and paying 50-80 then perhaps you should make sure no one is slipping anything into your drinks. If you're expecting to find a roof over your head and maybe a microwaved pizza and semi cold soda then you've found the spot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo