“Best Hotel outside of Downtown St. Augustine!”
Review of Jaybird's Inn

Jaybird's Inn
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Best Hotel outside of Downtown St. Augustine!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited St. Augustine for my birthday this past weekend and it was so great. The hotel was perfectly cleaned and had all of the amenities we wanted from premium coffee and tea to a refrigerator and microwave. We stayed in room 210. We also had free wifi which was very important for our work and college assignments. The bed was so comfortable and the showers never ran out of hot water. The a/c was great too and quiet.
During the course of our stay I put some very valuable jewelry away but didn't remember doing so. The next morning I went looking or my jewelry to wear and couldn't find it after thirty minutes of searching. We thought to ask if anyone had been in our room during the time we were gone to rule out the possibility that it had been taken. The manager, Josh, was very accommodating and showed us how their equipment records every entry to a room including the time the room was entered so we knew no one but us had been in the room. It was great to know that we were so safe! I also felt like a dummy when I finally did find my jewelry. :)
Our rooms also came with a free continental breakfast which was very good too. Breakfast was complete with home made waffles, oatmeal, cereal, as well as plenty of milk, juice and coffee. My boyfriend is lactose intolerant and we were very happy they had non-dairy creamer.
The rooms were so nice and modern. The lobby and breakfast area was wonderful too. The staff was great as well. Brandy checked us in and told us a few things about what was going on in town such as the music festival. Our only complain was that they didn't have a dvd player or any movie channels on tv. We enjoyed our stay so much tho. We didn't get to do everything there is to do in St. Augustine but we will be back and will be staying at the Jay Bird hotel when we do!!

Room Tip: We went through a travel agency, try calling and booking directly with them. Our travel agency didn...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Jaybird's Inn is the best hotel I've stayed at in St. Augustine out of my many trips there. It's about a 5 minute drive to downtown/St. George street. They also provide bicycles for your use, which is very convenient if you do not want to drive.

The rooms are huge and exactly like they are pictured on their website. They were nicer than many of the hotel rooms that I saw that my friends booked. The staff was very helpful, especially the manager, Josh!

We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiChel C
Skipperville, Alabama
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the over all experience at the Jaybirds Inn was by far one of the most pleasant and inviting places I've EVER been. From check in to check out. Chris, the bartender at the restaurant, along with Mr Jimmy, were super entertaining. Chris ' s Jamaican Peewee was OUT OF THE WORLD AWARD WINNING !!!
Mrs Shirley was beyond gracious in awarding to me the opportunity to befriend a beautiful soul. She, as well as the rest of the crew were so welcoming.
Thank you for an unforgettable vacation with your family!

���
Tanya and Catherine - South Alabama and Kathleen central Florida.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ASHLAND
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The motel has been remodeled and they did almost everything right. I loved the tile floors throughout - I have a problem with hotel carpeting. Big room with comfortable bed and nice couch. Nice fridge and coffee maker, although you could get coffee in the lobby at any time. Nice having a decent restaurant/bar right next door. Nice neighborhoods to walk in behind the inn. You could walk to the historic district, but it is quite a trek. Nice staff. And very nice price for the area. Definitely where I will stay if I'm back in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and quaint hotel. the rooms have a new modern look to them and the king bed room we stayed in was very spacious and comfortable. The rooms also were able to maintain a nice cold temperature without any nasty humidity even when it was raining outside. Only thing that I could complain about, if any, is that it is not close to historic St. Augustine, but for the price and niceness, I highly recommend a stay here at Jaybirds Inn.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Graham, Washington
Reviewed March 31, 2014

W spent 4 days there last week and I was so very impressed. Wendy, front desk clerk, went way out of her way to assist me in every request that I had and was so gracious and friendly. I like the lack of carpeting in the rooms; makes the room feel so much cleaner. The cleaning help was most friendly and appeared to enjoy their work and the rooms were so nice and clean. Will stay there most definitely if ever back in St. Augustine.

Room Tip: Other people have complained about the train noise, but we never heard it; we were so tired from sig...
Green Features: They appear to try to be environmentally friendly and lik that
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Grand Island
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for the weekend based on the trip advisor reviews I read. Im very pleased to say our stay was great. This was by far the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. I read a lot of other reviews that complained about the noise. I'm not sure if we were on the quiet side or just the fact we slept with the t.v. on, but I wasnt bothered by loud trains our anything. We agreed that for our next trip to St.Augustine we would be booking here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple