“Boutique Hotels For Me”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southport, North Carolina
“Boutique Hotels For Me”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This property is reminiscent of boutique hotels I've stayed in in other cities (Chicago, DC, and Miami). It is minimalist inside with tile floors, BIG shower (no bath), Starbuck's coffee in the room, LED lighting, and spots for reading. LOTS of linen for your convenience in the room. It is on a busy street but that makes it convenient. The old St. Augustine area is walkable but it is a long walk. Staff is excellent -- while loading the car, everyone wished me a good day. Front staff is equally friendly and professional. Wendy was so sweet the day I made reservations, we brought her a bouquet of flowers-- after all, it WAS Valentine's day. Wendy was equally helpful when we checked in. After getting settled, we went back to the front for some local information. In spite of getting slammed with arriving guests, she was able to multi-task when the printer was running by answering our short, specific questions. Wendy even approached me later in the evening in the business center to apologize for not being able to give me the attention she normally would have. Are you kidding!?!? I was intruding on her being able to do her job and she was able to handle everything like a duck swimming on a pond -- calm on the surface but paddling like mad under the surface. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked (Wendy again) but could have used some fresh fruit. Waffles were great, muffins looked super, and coffee was hot. Thanks for a nice stay in very nice property on Valentine's day -- a pleasant memory. BTW, photos on their website on spot-on.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the back or off street. Room 116 was good for us.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the hotel. The rooms, staff and restaurant were wonderful!! The garden and outside area at the restaurant were very nice but it was to chilly to be out. Anything we asked the desk staff for or about they were very helpful. The breakfast was tasty and well taken care of.

Room Tip: We only saw our room but it was large and very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay, but the thing that really made it special was the great customer service. There was little to complain about, but I did end up having to contact the desk a few times. Scott, Josh, and Wendy were the best!! I wish more places employed people like this! Not only were my needs met quickly, they all had such attitudes and treated me like a actual person, not just a customer. I will definitely return next year and look forward to seeing their smiling faces!!

• Stayed February 2014
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This place really hit the nail on the head. We usually stay in large chain hotel because we know what we will get but we took a chance on this one because of the reviews and my wife and I had a super time. The bikes were just what the doctor ordered and the breakfast was plentiful. We did look at the pool but wasn't daring to jump in when the weather was comical, but it did look nice. The customer service was great and you could tell Josh was willing to move mountains to make sure we had a blast, and he really made us feel like we were VIP and it was certainly appreciated. We would never pass up a chance to stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I would definitely recommend Jaybird's Inn and will certainly be willing to stay here again in the future. I have travelled quite a bit this year, and found that, though the breakfast is lacking in some areas, the cleanliness, comfort, and staff helpfulness far exceeds any other I've experienced this far. I found the 'dark haired country girl' to be more than courteous and accommodating. I was sure to take notice of her name tag as I felt she went above and beyond, was patient with my endless questions, and truly made my experience memorable. Wendy, thanks for everything. Had I not been strapped for cash I'd have tipped you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Crstllncstr
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I originally booked two nights for my husband and me, but decided to book an extra night because we were so comfortable we weren't ready to leave. The room was clean, the staff was helpful, and the beds and pillows are out-of-this-world comfortable! We spent an hour at the restaurant/bar when we arrived. The bartender was friendly and took great care of us. There was little noise from the other guests, even at night. Also, the location is great; close to everything but without all the tourist traffic. If the weather had been better, we would have used the bikes they offered us to travel downtown. We'll definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask to for a room away from the laundry room. Our room was great, but next to something that starte...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night on Friday Feb 1 and the Inn was great the rooms were immaculant and very clean. The Fitness Center was really up-to-date and the lobby was beautiful but when I checked in at the front that evening the woman up there was just sitting down on her phone and it took her almost 10 minutes to finally see I was standing there. So I let it pass thinking maybe it was something or someone important but when we came back to the lobby a little later she was just very short with every question I asked and you could tell she didnt really want us there. So my husband went back up around 11:00 pm or so to get ice and there was a diffrent girl there and she was exreamly nice and helpful or so he says. Maybe the woman before her was having a bad day but either way I wont be coming back due to her lack of customer service or maybe I will not check in before the late night shift.

Room Tip: Dont check in during the mid shift If you want good service or avoid the Dark hair country girl, she...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank L0uie20
scottovertonsr, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
I sincerely apologize for your experience during check-in. It is unfortunate that you felt our customer service was below your expectations. We'd like to be given the opportunity to make this right with you. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future accommodations.

With Best Regards,