Jaybird's Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$107
$169
$144
$147
$217
$214
$199
  • Restaurant
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
$152
Hampton.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$115
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$134
$117
1,220 results
All reviewsrestaurant next doorcontinental breakfaststarbucks coffeetile floorsfree bikesred trainlight sleeperlarge roomwalk in showerwould stay here againnice place to staybeds were comfortableyogurtclose to downtownold town trolleyhistoric districtup to date
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The room was beautiful and the staff was great. We were told that the owners had completely renovated the place and they sure did a great job. Very modern and clean. The hotel as a whole is beautiful and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
scottovertonsr, General Manager at Jaybird's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to post a review. It's nice to hear such positive feedback. I hope that you will consider Jaybird's Inn for any future reservations!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The room was great, the staff very friendly. The beds were the best I have had while traveling.
I would recommend this place to anyone. The food at their eatery was top notch. The breakfast was outstanding, the portions were very large.

1  Thank seadogg

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about your experience at Jaybird's Inn and Jaybird's Restaurant. I'll be sure to share this with everyone. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future accommodations.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I concur with most of the reviewers in the cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms. Two things to be aware of if you have kids are that the hotel is fairly far from the St. Augustine attractions and that breakfast is free but is over at 9:45 instead of 10 and replenishment stopped at around 9:20. For my wife and I this was not an issue but some guests with kids requested some items and they refused to bring out more stuff even though it was really close to 9:45. Since the rooms have nice tables, If you have kids and like to sleep late your best shot is to have someone get up early, grab stuff for everyone and eat in the room.

As for me, I liked the hotel but I will probably look for something else nearer to the attractions when I go again.

Room Tip: If you have kids and are not going to be in the breakfast room by 9:00 AM get up a little early, pick up a bunch of stuff and take it back to the room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and give us your feedback. I'm not sure what happened during breakfast, but I'd like to apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. Jaybird's Inn is located one mile from downtown, but we also offer free use of our bikes. While I respect your decision to stay closer to downtown next time, I feel certain that if given another opportunity, we could change your mind.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We recently stayed at the Jaybird when we were in Florida for a wedding. We were very pleased with everything about this place. At first glance it looks like a renovated motor inn of the 70's , but once inside you see that the owners have paid attention to detail and customer comfort in their renovation. The guy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, allowing us to watch the SU/Villa Nova basketball game on the lobby big screen tv until check in time. The bookcases in the lobby were filled with interesting books relating to "an active lifestyle", which is how this inn is billed. Our room was comfortable and modern, with comfortable king size bed, couch, laminated flooring (so much better than smelly hotel carpets), marble counter tops in the bathroom, and the best shower (large, great water pressure) I think I have ever enjoyed in a hotel! The in-room coffee maker featured Starbucks coffee, and there was a refrigerator and microwave for leftovers. We had read in previous reviews that the breakfast was weak, but we did not find this to be the case. Along with the usual staples of cereal and coffee, there were fresh muffins, bread and English muffins for toast, fruit cocktail, peanut butter and jelly packets,and a waffle maker for fresh waffles. I think this is more than adequate for a complementary breakfast! We dined in the Jaybird Restaurant on our first night in town, which is right next door to the inn, and it was surprisingly delicious! The fresh flounder was some of the best I've had, and the seafood diablo was jam packed with shrimp, scallops and fish.
Since we are walkers, we enjoyed the 10- 15 minute walk to Old Town (safe even at night), and took advantage of the complementary "fat tire" one speed bikes to cycle to the beach. The Jaybird really stands out because of all the little touches that make you feel you are getting your money's worth. I agree with previous reviewers that it was very clean and well maintained with exceptionally helpful staff. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There was some traffic noise because hotel is on a busy street, but it did not bother us.
1  Thank Karen R

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for the positive feedback. I'm glad to know you enjoyed everything about your stay, including the bikes and the television in the lobby. It is our goal to make our guests feel like this is their home away from home, and it's always nice to know when we've achieved that. Please feel free to contact us directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is so nice and clean. Feels like your staying in a high end hotel. The rooms are so spacious, beautifully decorated, and "spa" like feeling. I couldn't find one thing wrong with this place. Beds are soooo comfortable and no noise!!! I was a great night sleep. They have Starbuck's coffee in the room, make-up remover and awesome soap. Not sure what kind of soap it was but it feels so nice on your skin. I'm a clean freak so I just could not get over how clean the room was. I'm telling you I couldn't find one speck of dust or dirt anywhere. The staff was so sweet. The front desk girl, Brandy, was so helpful and friendly. She was able to help us with directions and other questions we had about the area. Just a real joy to speak with. The location is great. Just a few blocks from everything. Perfect location. When I return to St. Augustine next year I will definitely stay at Jaybird's Inn again. Thanks for a beautiful stay.

1  Thank Shannon B

Thank you for such kind words and for taking the time to post your review. It's so good to know that your enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!