1,202 results
All reviewsdenny's restaurantroom was cleandenny's attachedfountain of youthwithin walking distanceattractionsonsiteconveniencefort
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We had booked the days inn in advance because all the reviews said it was busy at weekends.However every hotel/motel had vacancy signs and I,m sure we could have got much cheaper accommodation although the days inn was fine. Loved st augustine,easily walkable and a lot to see

1  Thank jackieManchesterUk
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed here two nights and it fit our needs: a safe/clean place to sleep that was inexpensive. The location is walkable to the historic sites but it is a bit of a hike; however, the walk is safe (even very late at night.) The rooms are just "OK" and our room was clean although outdated. If you are looking for a hotel where you can hang out in the room between activities this might not be the place for you--really, the rooms are great for just sleeping and showering and continuing on. My only complaint is that our rate changed mid-stay and we were not notified until we checked out.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. We were in the area to watch a reenactment of a 16th century battle. St Augustine is a very historic area and we figured that its history must be at least part of the attraction to tourists, that the hotel staff would be aware of the reenactment. But the receptionist wasn't aware, and hadn't even heard of it. That was a bit unsettling, as it made me worry I;d booked the wrong weekend! It turned out that the reenactment was on so no problems there. But it was a bit odd that the hotel receptionist didn't seem to know about a major event that was happening in the town.

The room was nice - spacious, clean and comfortable. The only hitch with the room is that I woke up with a really bad itchy rash (that had started as I went to bed the night before). I can't prove this 100%, but I think it was from the bed linen as my husband noticed that it had a strong chemical smell, so I assume I was allergic to the detergent used. For this reason I have only awarded 3/5 for cleanliness. I let the receptionist know but I didn't make a formal complaint and it wouldn't put me off from recommending this place to someone else, as for all I know its an isolated one off - I'd just tell people to pack some allergy tablets to be on the safe side!

The hotel did not offer breakfast - instead there was a Denny's right next to the hotel which provided breakfast, but it was quite pricey.

Otherwise though this was a nice place to stay. Plus the location is very good for the historic attractions, as everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Rooms are average size. Got a room with ref and microwave. But i dont like the stains in the rest room

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband and I went to St. Augustine for the weekend and stayed at Days Inn. We're not in a hotel room much, we mainly use it for sleeping and changing. The Days Inn was very clean and adequate to our needs. It had a fridge and microvace and the room was huge. It's within walking distance of all the attractions and we even walked at night and I felt fine doing that. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple