1,210 results
All reviews denny's restaurant room was clean fountain of youth within walking distance attractions convenience trolley fort
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This Days Inn is puts roof over your head, the location is fairly convenient, and the price is good. But considering how many other budget hotels are in the area, you can definitely do better. Rooms are tiny and dark and squarely on the other side of seedy. There was a huge hole in the bathroom wall and a small but unmistakable blood stain on the bedspread. No free breakfast at this location either. Plus no elevator that we could find, so we had to schlep our luggage up the stairs. A bleak experience all around.

Room tip: For a good room, go elsewhere! Book early for a good rate at the Holiday Inn Express, or try the Quality Inn across the street, which at least offers free breakfast for around the same price.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We read the reviews on this web site and we're a little weary of staying here. We use to stay at the Scottish inn next door and after going by the Scottish Inn, we were so happy we went to the Days Inn. The Days Inn was clean, dated and everything was operational. The room had an Iron, coffee pot and a hair dryer that suited us just fine. If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton, you will only find that in the Casa Monica, but if you are an everyday Joe, this Hotel will suit you just fine. Pool was nice and I had left a few dollars ontop of my TV and when I returned that night, it was still there and the housekeeping staff had cleaned the room. I would say that the security issue as some others have stated were isolated incidents. The neighbor hood is safe and we walked all around without any issues even at 12AM. Overall the staff is great, the rooms are clean and yes it is an old motel but is kept well. The Denny's that is at this hotel had great food and service, but I think the restroom cleanliness lacked for a Denny's. I will definatly return here for my next St. Augustine trip and it is within walking distance to an Old Town Trolley tours stop which is a plus.

Room tip: Don't always believe all of the reviews. The Denny's and pool are at the front of the hotel and the rooms at the back of the hotel are closer to the Mission of Nombre de Dios trolley stop
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Decided to stay 1 night at St, Augustine, found no other hotel that accepted dogs so I ended up here. The lady at the desk(Joanna) told me it was $75 per night including the $25 pet fee. When I went to pay, it wasn't so. It was 75 + 25 plus taxes. Just then I noticed that they had a sign that notified the customers that they were being charged $1 per night for a "room safe" that could be used because the hotel had had forced entries into the rooms!!! So they charge you because the hotel is NOT SAFE!!!
The unbelievable thing is that they have a sticker in the entrance saying that the hotel is recommended by "TRIPADVISOR".
Walls are paper thin, you can practically hear people next door breathing.
I had to pay $25 for a "pet cleaning" fee...for a room that looked as bad as they come.
St Augustine has many hotels, DO NOT STAY IN THIS ONE>

Room tip: Don't stay here.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2012

had originally made a reservation for 2 days and left after the first night, wallpaper is peeling in room 127, the security lock is broken, it all looked like the 70's rejects from a dump.

Room tip: please pay a little more to get a decent place for yourself
1  Thank tealkitten
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The desk staff went above and beyond our needs. I somehow messed up the tv and was freaking out because it ws Survivor night. The lady came to the room, pushed one button, and whoa-la and didn't say what an idiot I was. The Denny's in the hotel is one of the main reasons we keep staying here. In the past three years the waitresses haved beome good friends, service is quick and without hiccups. Also, it is a 24/7 which is gredat coming back from the late night tours for a good cup of coffee. This hotel is very walkable to the train stations and to many attractions and St. George Street. We will go back again next year.

Room tip: Make sure to ask is room has a safe, wifi, and if needed a refrigerator & microwave.