Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$147
  • Pool
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites(Saint Augustine Beach)
$115
$152
Hampton.com
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$134
$117
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2005

In all my travel experiences, I have never encountered such an awful place. As a single, female traveler this was the first time I felt completely unsafe. Being tired I decided to stop for a few hours rest before continuing with my trip. After checking into my filthy, cockroach infested room, I wanted to leave. However, a number of drunken individuals congregated right outside my door (outside doors - never again!), and were actually sitting on my car. Their language was horrible and they were screaming at each other for hours. I was afraid to leave my disgusting room. All of a sudden the filth and the cockroaches seemed like a very small problem. The group finally disbanded at 3:30 AM when apparently their beer ran out.

On check out I asked to speak to the Manager who was "Unavailable". I repeatedly have called to speak to the management and left messages that went unanswered. I paid $88 for the priviledge of being terrified to leave a disgusting room. Please travelers, BEWARE when stopping at a hotel you have not previously checked out on TripAdvisor. I never will again.......

• Stayed: March 2005
7  Thank zpam03
A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2005

Very dirty place, a shame for a nice hotel. Staff was unreasonable, but eventually I got a credit check sent in the mail. Stay away... checked into the Hampton,, and it was GREAT.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed December 22, 2004

This had to be the worst place that we have ever been to. It was filthy, dirty, we did not even take our shoes off the entire time. Vending machines did not work, 4 light bulbs out, comforters had cigerette burns on both beds,the floor in the bath was absolutely grose... all hbo channels in spanish...was told a full breakfast when reserving on online.haha.....not so. I took my whole family own vacation from Myrtle Beach,SC,,,,I was totally embarrassed. Had it not have been so late, we would have left and demanded my money back...Let's just say...it was the Bates Hotel.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2004

Took 4 children on a family vacation, selected this hotel for 2 nights of our trip. Let me start by saying the staff and management were very friendly, the free breakfast was nice, and the kids loved the pool area. We were moved after our first night, had to pack our luggage from 2 rooms and move it because we were informed our building was going to be painted. We were then moved to much older rooms, and the carpets were dirty enough that the kids' feet were black on the bottom from walking around their room. The laudry facility was kind of dirty, and the A/C in that area had been removed completely. All in all, it wasn't bad for the price we paid, but I have been in much nicer hotels also.

• Stayed: April 2004
4  Thank jrfoster
Reviewed March 7, 2004

My husband and I stayed at this motel last May on our way back from Key West. We got a really good rate, and the continental breakfast wasn't bad. But cleanliness was a concern. We had to complain to the front desk about pubic hair, and lots of it, in the bath tub. We complained right after check-in, and we were told by the person at the front desk that housekeeping staff would be back in the morning and to call back then. Long story short, due to few options, I ended up using my own Lysol (never leave home without it!) and wore beach shoes in the shower. Aren't these places ever inspected by the board of health?
Lodging establishments should be held to higher standards of cleanliness! Shame on them.

6  Thank baybay2001