“Terrible did not stay”

Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed March 8, 2008

We were traveling from Bradenton Fl. to Pa.We stopped at the Ramada after checking several hotels that had no available rooms. The Ramada did have rooms. I should have realized that was a warning. Our room was disgusting. The bathroom had urine on the toilet. There was hair on the bathroom floor .The chair was stained unbelievable. The walls were marked and the room smelled. I called the front office and voiced my concerns .They were not helpful at all. The only had a suite available and wanted me to pay more for the suite. I explained the 100.00 that I was paying was already too much for this hotel. My parents were also traveling with us and their room was equally disgusting .Needless to say we all left. Avoid this hotel at all cost! I would suggest travel a few exits further on 95 and stay at the Marriot in Jacksonville

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank luvtravel047
1mgr, Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2009

Thank you very much for you candid review and accept our sincere apologies as well.
By answering your message we would like to encourage you and other travellers as well to give us another try and see how much we've improved since then on all fronts.
Please give us another try.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95

Reviewed January 20, 2008

For the cheap price...we got what we deserved. Our room clearly had some rust issues in the bathroom and it looks like the hotel just tried to hide some of their flaws with some paint. The hotel really needs to be renovated. But overall... the hotel staff was friendly and the free breakfast they serve was just enough to start the day. I would stay in this hotel again... IF they had some renovations done.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Internet wireless: Good signal
Room: Worn out, every thing but the carpet
Bathroom: got a Ramada soap, with old stained bathroom
Breakfast: OK
Surroundings: Anything you need is there
Overall feelings: Any thing over $29.95 is over priced and over charged. I will not come back nor recommend this place to someone else.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank SouthShore10-4
Reviewed January 2, 2008

They offer breakfast and the only thing we found was toasts, butter, coffee and juice. when we asked for cream cheese, jelly or anything else, staff was very rude. When we got to the hotel to sleep out second night, we find out we had no towels, toilet paper, trash bin was full, etc. They missed the bathroom service 100%, we had to call at 10pm requesting everything. It is a shame Ramada don't pay attention to these hotels.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank rodman4226
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This hotel was much less than what we expected. The room was smelly, the bathroom was tiny, the floor of the bathroom was sinking in and the tiles were cracked badly. The toilet seemed like it was about to fall into the floor. The room was not very clean. The carpets were very dirty as well. There was even someone's lid to a fast food cup on the floor by the bed. The beds were extremely hard and we all woke up with backaches. We could hear every step of the people in the room above us. Also, this hotel is not in Saint Augustine...it is outside the city limits of Saint Augustine. We would never stay at this hotel again. Thank goodness it was only for 2 nights.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank HBuddy
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This hotel was conveniently located to I-95 and offered clean rooms and breakfast at a reasonable price for this highly Touristic area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2007

Quite a disappointing hotel. Looked great from the outside. The best parts were the friendly staff and the excellent price. But the room was badly in need of renovation. The tub/shower looked as if it had been through a war. The walls had been patched but the patches were not painted. One bed had no mattress protector -- just a flannel sheet under the regular sheet. No pillow protectors under the pillow cases. The toilet and shower were in a space so small it was a challenge. Originally this hotel was probably in good shape, but it desperately needs updating.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family