“Great Value in Todays Economy!”

Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Great Value in Todays Economy!”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I live a few hours away and come to town to visit old friends and family every few months. I decided to go this time without a reservation and decided on exit 318 because the large variety of hotels at that exit. After entering into several of the options at the exit and hearing their prices of over 90.00 each. They all had the same to say we have a pool and a free breakfast. Ramada Limited was the only hotel I walked into and had a smile awaiting me on the other side of the desk. The staff was very helpful and offered me thier best rate and again the pool and breakfast was included. My room was clean, the breakfast was fullfilling and I didn't feel BROKE just from my hotel stay when I left. I will continue to stay here on all of my return home visists to see friends and family. When the staff stated it was "Their Pleasure" when I thanked them for everything I truely felt they were being honest and not just a repeated line they were fed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyoed your stay at Ramada Limited St. Augustine and do sincerely hope to see you again on your next visit. It truly is "our pleasure" to serve our guests here and we do always try to deliver that promise with a smile. With so many options in today's market, we know that how far your dollar goes is just as important as where it goes. At the Ramada Limited, we are very pleased to offer our guests a wonderful experience at a competitive rate. We also enjoy throwing in free Wi-fi, complimentary Continental Breakfast with those tasty hot waffles, swimming pool and convenient access to the local sites, and toping it all off with that all important smile.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The people who work there are great and very helpful. Ryan the Guy who worked the front desk during my stay helped me get to the places I came down there to see. Rooms are great very comfortable and the hotel is in a remote location close to everything.

• Stayed May 2011
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
We thank you for your glowing review of our staff during your stay at the Ramada Limited St. Augustine. We pride ourselves in our "Customer Comes First" attitude, and you'll always find a courteous staff, very knowlegable of the local area. Please do come back and see us again on your next trip to HIstoric St. Augustine, the beaches, the World Golf VIllage, or just to do a little shopping at the Outlet Malls.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I am in St. Augustine several times a month on business. My stay at the Ramada was both pleasant and a great value. The rooms were clean and the staff is very professional. The location is very convienient and close to I-95 for easy access. The hot breakfast was very good and was kept well stocked with a nice selection. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the St. Augustine area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tylex9803
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ramada Limited St. Augustine! We're glad you found our location convenient, with quick access to the Interstate, the St. Augustine Outlet Malls, downtown St. Augustine and the Beaches, you really can find a bargain when you stay with us. We are also pleased to announce that we have some new items on our complimentary continental breakfast to go along with those tasty make-your-own waffles, so be sure and come see us again soon!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Where do I start? We stayed 4 days. Housekeeping only cleaned our room once, and a poor job at that. The wireless internet was worse that dial-up. Slllllooooooooowwwww. And we kept getting dropped.

Vending room was filthy for the whole time we stayed.

TV has a very poor selection of channels and the sound would go off and on.

Worst of all and I didn't notice it until we were ready to leave, 3 of the electrical outlets were loose in the wall and one was secured at all.

The guy at the desk was good and apologized up and down. He got us linens and toiletries and tried to make up for everyone else.

STAY SOMEWHERE else!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rsr1953
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
We at the Ramada Limited want to extend our deepest apologies for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We want you to know that this is not indicative of the experience that we are striving to provide our guests. We also want to assure you that proactive steps are being taken to ensure that the issues you experienced with housekeeping are corrected, including new management. We have notified our Maintenance staff of the issue with the electrical outlets, as well as alerted our wireless vendor of the issue.
We would also like to thank you for taking the time to make us aware of some of these maintenance issues. We always try to be accommodating when our guests experience an issue with any of our amenities. While our complimentary wireless internet service is designed to function with a very wide range of computers, we do have technical support available 24 hours a day to help resolve connection issues. Also, our Vending area has just recently been updated, and the refit may have been the cause of some mess, but we do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We strive to offer our customers a pleasant stay at a great value, and are always saddened when we fail to meet expectations. We truly do hope that you will visit us again in St. Augustine so that we can wow you with our newly re-fitted Vending room with key card access, and a strengthened commitment to providing our guests with a clean and well stocked room, serviced daily.
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The shower ran hat and cold, hot and cold. When I stepped out of the shower and walked across the carpeted bedroom floor, the bottoms of my feet were black from the filthy carpet. When I reported this to the desk clerk, he simply laughed and said the manager won't bein until Monday. DO NOT stay here. Its the worst place I ever stayed.

Room Tip: Stay any place else!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dbowman004
YvetteAGM, General Manager at Howard Johnson St. Augustine/ I-95, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
We would like to extend our deepest apologies to you for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay at Ramada Limited. We are always striving to maintain a clean and relaxing environment for our guests, and appreciate you taking time to bring these issues to our attention. We would like you to know that we have recently had our carpets steam cleaned to correct this issue, as well as a recent repair to one of our hot water heaters. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us the first time around, but we sincerely hope you will come back to experience these improvements.
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Lots of maintaince needs to be done on these rooms, along w. Updates. We may have even found a bed bug or carpet beetle in our room...gross!!!

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank jshockley
We would like extend our apologies to you in regards to your recent stay with us. Upkeep and maintanence of our property is always a top priority for us at the Ramada Limited. It is unfortunate when we are unable to correct a problem before a guest experiences an issue, but we appreciate being made aware of the problem so that we can correct it. We are constantly working to maintain a clean and comfortable environment for our guests. With the summer season upon us we will be stepping up pest control efforts.
We sincerely hope that you will consider the Ramada Limited for your next trip, and assure you that our customer service staff will strive to make sure your experience is a positive one.
Reviewed April 24, 2011

the sheets were not clean, the water in the shower was hot one min ice cold the next, the breakfest was poor @ best, the moring girl was not very helpful she said “if you'll solw down I could get caught up”..

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank whitewolf_101
We would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention regarding your stay at the Ramada Limited, and would like to offer our apologies for your inconvenience. We want to assure you that we are always working to better our standards and maintain top working order of all the utilities and ammenities on the property.
With recent management and staffing changes at the Ramada Limited we do hope that you will consider us for your next visit, and give us a chance to meet and exceed your expectations.
We strive to provide all of our guests with a clean room at an affordable price, complimentary continental breakfast above and beyond requirements, all with a smile from our friendly staff. We sincerely hope your next visit is a pleasant one.