“NO complaints here”

Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Winnipeg
“NO complaints here”
Reviewed April 26, 2008

No complaints here. We stayed here on our way down to Disney. Close to the highway not to noisey. Nice pool, close to Old Downtown. Ihop next door was nice, plus hotel stayers get a 10 % discount. Staff was helpful in finding a nice resturant close. We used CAA, same as AAA to get the cheapest price.

• Liked — Close to the highway
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ireland
Reviewed June 24, 2007

This was about six miles from the historic district but as we had a car this was not a problem. Room was comfortable and clean if a little small. However we had gotten a great rate for the one night we were staying, June 11. Breakfast in onsite IHOP was fine. Close to outlet centres (2!!!). Pleasant staff.

• Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Irish85
Hiram, GA
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Ok I know for the money it is ok. Although the label of Historic District is so a lie. If you want to walk 7 blocks and get massive blisters!! Room was ok. Don't ask for a crib got the run around. Finally got a crib and it was a dirty play pen I wouldn't put a dog in. Air Condictioned was very LOUD!!!!! Bed was ok. Ice Machine was broke. NO ICE! Happy it was only one night. The Best Western or Clarion Inn is so much nicer and alot closer to the Historic District. Want to warn those that like to stay near the Historic District and want some class with their hotel.

• Liked — Not much...it was cheap.
  • Disliked — All of it....
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2007

After reading the reviews about the hotel on trip advisor, I was weary of my stay. I had already booked the hotel from the Days inn site directly. It was the best price I got for memorial day weekend. All the hotels in the area were completely booked and asking double the price so we got a steal. The hotel was average. We booked a double, w/ mini fridge and micorwave and internet access. We didn't get internet access but the room was clean. The maid service was great. I had spilled some make-up on the floors and carpet and they cleaned it right up. The staff was great and helpful. I did read the reviews about the beds being uncomfortable and I partly agree. We had booked a double bed and one was very comfortable while the other - was not. The downside was that the comfortable bed was right next to the A/C. Since it was a busy weekend people were coming in and out of thier rooms. You can hear everything from outside, but if your a deep sleeper it won't affect you. This hotel was average but great for the price. I would stay at the hotel again.

• Liked — I hop was next door, great price
  • Disliked — We were told wireless internet access was only in certain rooms. We requested to have access twice and could not find any available networks.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank regalkat40
Kahului, Hawaii
Reviewed May 21, 2007

I needed a cheap place to stay for 5 days, so I found a coupon magazine and for about 48 dollars I got a clean bed and a quiet room. Yes, the room is not the cleanest, but I would go back because the price was a good value.

The IHOP is on site and the meals were good and cheap. Nuf said.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Dayton
Reviewed April 21, 2007

We went to Saint Augustine to tour the World of Golf Hall of Fame. This unit was clean and like everyother Super 8 and Days Inn we stayed at during our 54 day trip in February and March. This one stood out because the beds were old. They still had navy and white pin stripe mattresses that were thin and uncomfortable. The next morning after the spread and covers were pulled back, the side of the mattress was stained.

• Liked — It was handy to the freeway
  • Disliked — It was across the street from Adam and Eve
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Retired12-31-06
Miami
Reviewed April 1, 2007

My wife and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary in beautiful St Augustine Florida. Because of a last minute change in plans we found ourselves with almost no lodging in St Augustine, so we made reservations at this Days Inn.

The moment we opened the door the stench was very strong. It was mildew mixed with cheap cleaning products…I don’t really want to know. So we opened the window thinking it was because the room had the AC off, and continued to inspect our room. The bathroom had dead roaches in the tub and the toilet had not been cleaned. Then when I uncovered the bed sheets I found a bug there as well. There was a roach behind the front door. We called the front desk and ask for them to send the cleaning person to clean the bathroom. The cleaning person knocked hard on the door and literally said: “Open the [----] door!”. I wouldn’t have opened if I would have not seen he had all the cleaning gear with him. I opened the door and this very drunk person came in saying the bathroom was not dirty. He went and checked
it out and said kind of slurred “My bad”.

I laugh now, but it was something out of a commercial. We grabbed our
stuff and left while the guy was in the bathroom. We got on our car and found a Best Western 5 minutes from the historic district. Very nice and very clean.

Don’t book this hotel.

• Liked — There was nothing to like
  • Disliked — The level of professional attention to detail
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple