“Fine for a place to sleep”

Days Inn ST. Augustine West
Ranked #67 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Festus
“Fine for a place to sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip for my husband. It is not a luxury motel, but it was clean, had a microwave, coffee pot and frig. It is an older motel but the employees try hard to keep it clean and neat. They were very accomodating and friendly. The shower was clean and hot. It was a good place to stay to sleep since we were out sightseeing and spending the time at the beach. Walking distance to the outlet mall, about 7 miles from old St Augustine and the beach. All in all it was an OK trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

this motel was very dated and needs a face lift. the furniture in the rooms are very old..the carpet is worn and tattered....i was scared to walk barefoot so i kept my flip flops on...the comforter was very old and had a visible make up stain--made me wonder when the last time they cleaned it .....the shower was clean, which made me feel a little bit better....overall, would not stay here again.....i felt dirty there and was eager to check out...

Room Tip: try to stay downtown.....there are plenty of b&bs.....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I can't believe this hotel is allowed to operate under the Day's Inn name! When I arrived the non-english speaking night clerk did a bait and switch with the price quoted over the phone. I presented a coupon from a flyer and he said it was not valid - NOT true! I was tired and decided to stay anyway, WHAT a MISTAKE! I was given a room by the laundry and the room was dingy and ill lit with grungy carpet. The bath smelled of urine and the curtains were yellowed and dingy. When I pulled back the sheets there are small bugs crawling on the sheet, not sure what they were. I left the key on the bed and left not even bothering with the RUDE clerk. I went downtown to Days Inn East. MUCH better, but not great. SoloCanadianGal (2 reviews before mine )reviewed this hotel by mistake. Told my company NEVER to use this location again. When she mentioned the Raintree I knew she was downtown, not at this DUMP by the interstate. Make no mistake this hotel is the one on State RD 16 right off I-95, not the one downtown! This place is the worst I have EVER stayed in and I travel over 150 days a year!

Room Tip: Go to any hotel downtown and pay the extra. Much better hotels there. Save your money
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet K
Aventura, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel a big NO NO. The service is the worst. Not to mention the room. It is gross. There is mold growing in the bathroom, and bed bugs :/. The manager is rude as hell, in his own language. You can't hardly understand him . His name is VJ. If you have to deal with this guy be ready to have the worst time ever. That if does not hang the phone on you. We tried to cancel a night, because there was a tropical storm hitting the area, with not sucess. This VJ guy , was very short and hang up the phone , ignoring the request and the circunstances. Obviously, it was better to come back home than staying in that ugly place. I'm glad sites like this exist to avoid other people from ruining their vacation. This awful hotel is a complete ripoff... We were charged $130 per night. basically it was like throwing money down the drain, because I would have rather slept in my car. in fact, we did not stay for the second night...PLEASE DO NOT RENT A ROOM IN THIS HOTEL.. Save yourself money and bad times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Monica g
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been traveling on business for 20 years with my company and this is by FAR the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Arrived in St Augustine and the night clerk could barely speak english. The rate changed from my phone quote and when I argued he said "I was welcome to go somewhere else" in an angry tone. It was late and I was too tired to look around. The room was dim lit and dingy. The bathroom had a STRONG urine smell, and the furniture looked like used hotel furniture bought at auction and cobbled together. At 2 AM I was jarred out of bed by shouting and noticed what appeared to be a huge drug bust in the hotel next door! In the morning I pulled back the sheets and noticed hair & dirt on the sheets. I am a business woman and very clean. It was not my hair since I am blonde and the hair was black and kinky. When I checked out I complained and the day clerk who spoke very well said the owner was cheap and there was nothing he could do about it since the owner was at home in his "mansion". What a sad place - it's too bad the hotel chain allows PPL like this to buy franchises! K St John

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathy S
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Room smelled of cat urine, carpet had fleas, TV channel selection was lacking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Park Ridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here last night, March 19, 2012. There was a coupon in a travel book I had for a discounted rate, I think it was something like $45 for the night. The room was very dated and worn, but, the bed was fairly comfortable. BUT, there was very sharp piece of metal that was a part of the bed frame and it cut the back of my leg when I go out of bed. I brought it to the attention of the desk clerk this morning and he said he was sorry. He seemed sincere. There is also an Ihop restaurant off the main lobby and you get a 10% discount if you are a hotel guest. The staff at the restaurant was very friendly. I would hot stay here again. I am going to attempt to attach a picture of the bed frame. The place if very close and convenient to the St. Augustine outlet center.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo