“Nice stay”

The Ponce St Augustine Hotel
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed 2 nights with family on way to Orlando. Enjoyed our stay very much. Only a ten minute stroll to the Historic District. Staff were extremely helpful. Kids enjoyed the pool. Free breakfast was ample, usual fare of waffles, pastries and a couple of hot choices. Free coffee and juice in lobby throughout the day. Room was clean. Overall a pleasant stay and good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, as there is a rail track at the back
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at The Ponce St Augustine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Front desk Team

There are newer reviews for The Ponce St Augustine Hotel

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very dated, small room, ice machine doesn't work, right by the rail road. no wifi, water in room tastes of salt. The staff were friendly, but at $120 a night this place is way over priced. The Days Inn right across the street would be a far better choice than this Low Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave M

Thank you`for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I hopr that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have the another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Front Desk Team

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This place had blood stained comforter and a scum ring around the pool. There was an ashtray right outside our nkn smoking room. Nasty as hell and won't there again. Not even in a pinch. Oh yeah at night they turn on the led rope lights... yes real classy

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BigBalue

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I know that if this was brought to the attention of the staff it would have immediately been taken care of. According to our records, no complaint was made to the staff and you stayed for 2 nights .
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using this feedback to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for all of our guests in the future.

Front Desk Team,

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was chosen by other family members, so we decided to stay also. The room had some kind is odor that I couldn't place but it wasn't bad enough to make me leave. The bed was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was also clean. Everything needs updating in the room especially the carpet, chair, tv, and furniture. It was decent. I believe maybe a bit overpriced for what you get.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel for the second time. The staff is always so friendly and the rooms are clean. It is on the San Sebastian River just across from Denny's. I have stayed in a few different hotels in St. Augustine and this is my favorite. Discount coupons can also be found in the Florida hotel magazine found at Denny's restaurants in the lobby. Our room also included a mini refrigerator and a microwave. They also include breakfast which is an added bonus!

1  Thank Hope T
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I were surprised by the quality of the quality in historic, St. Augustine! The staff was professional and courteous, the rooms exceptionally meticulously clean, and the watermelon in the kid in the breakfast buffet was surprising delight! I would recommend this hotel with great confidence and I would stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Me and my daughter came to St. Augustine as a quick getaway. This being said, we had NO reservations. So we paid more for the room than anticipated, but it was soo worth it. We stayed the 12th and the 13th of July and Garry, the front desk clerk was the most helpful. So friendly. We arrived at 11 and check in wasn't until 3. When I asked about the Trolley tours, Garry stated that he just called the shuttle and I could leave my car, take the tour and come back and check in. I was hesitant at first, since the reservation was made at the front counter, but Garry assured me that even we come back after 3, I would still have the room. The room was super clean, quiet, the beds were comfortable. We will most definitely stay here again, but I will make a reservation first to get a better rate. Very customer service friendly. When I was checking out on Sunday, the manager asked why I didn't come to breakfast!!!!

1  Thank Margaret H