“Good, but watch out for trains”

The Ponce St Augustine Hotel
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good, but watch out for trains”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

On the outskirts of 'historical city' but only a 15 min walk. Rooms are ok and clean. We were at riverside and there are freight trains every four hours. If you are a light sleeper, take a room on the other side.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hotel's name carries "Historic District" in it - must be another historic district, because they're NOT in St Augustine's. Sort of a hotel in Brooklyn claiming they're in Manhattan. Receptionist seemed trained to convince guests otherwise In-room Safety deposit box broke twice. Friendly maintenance guy fixed it but nevertheless, delayed myself and my kids for dinner. Hot tub by pool was turned off and cold, and took a while to get hot (you wonder a dead cold whirlpool at 5:30 pm?). When it got going, the jets were pitiful. A pretty little girl worked with her mom in the laundry area. - is this even allowed? Breakfast was professional. There are other places to stay.

• Stayed April 2014

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on a previous trip last summer. It is always a pleasure. We were disappointed at there not being a breakfast girl anymore maybe she was just off but in the past they had a beautiful young lady who was very gracious and friendly! The manager at the front desk is always nice as well she is very accommodating and will try her best to get what you want so we thank marialena as well. We will be back and if you go ask for maria she will get you what you want.

Room Tip: Poolside is nice!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Nice place. Jon at the front desk went out of his way to accommodate us. We called 48 hotels starting in Brunswick Georgia on our way to Orlando. We got a late start from our North Carolina home and was hoping to stop before Jacksonville so we could get a good night sleep. Finally, 70 miles away yet, I called Quality Inn in st Augustine & he had 3 rooms. He held the room for me, gave me a warm welcome when I got there and even allowed me to get a yogurt from the breakfast area so I could take my medication. It was 2:30am at this point and I was exhausted! He gave us a good rate for a larger room & it was clean & had all I needed. I am very glad we found a nice place & thankful to Jon for all his hospitality.

Room Tip: Was Spring break week & stayed in a suite with 2 double beds.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marielena S, Guest Relations Manager at The Ponce St Augustine Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad our team at the Quality Inn Historic was able to help you this weekend. I am happy to hear Jon did a great job at meeting your expectations and going above for you. Our team continues to try to go that extra step for each person in making them feel welcome. I will be sure to let Jon know how appreciative you are and we thank you again for your stay. Please do come back again and I am sure Jon will be here to great you with a smile!

Thank-You again!

Marielena Scibelli
gatordoc78
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very dated with worn scratched furniture spout in tub came off when water turned on and hit me in foot Smokers rooms are right next to non smokers and smoke outside their rooms. They allow pets so expect some barking . They still get $130 per night for motel worth $75 Stay at Holiday Inn in same area which is much nicer and avoid this place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations on your recent stay in St. Augustine. I understand your concerns about the smoking rooms and pet rooms. We try to be flexible and accommodate everyone. We do have one special wing for pets however, unfortunately we do have a guest at times that forgets to tell us about their pet so it does slip by at times but for the most part the team does try to keep them in the designated area. We are also in the process of renovating the bathrooms with a completion date of September 2014, so I hope by then all new tubs and tile will be in place making it very beautiful. If you would like to email me to further discuss your concerns I would be happy to talk with you anytime please email me at marielena@qualityinnhistoric.com.
Thank You for your feedback as it always helps us to continue to grow.

Marielena Scibelli
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Had only a short weekend so had to make the most of our time. The front desk was great in helping us plan our visit. We called housekeeping (smoke alarm was beeping) They were in our room within minutes. What a great host the Manager is he was welcoming and made sure we were happy with our stay. Good location, breakfast buffet, fresh fruit available all day. When we arrived at the airport noticed that we had left a jacket in the room, called.. the hotel, they went and checked, found the jacket and mailed it to us.
If I return to St. Augustine I would most definitely stay at this hotel.
Two Ladies from Chicago

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank CarillonTraveler
Hazelwood, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had visited St. Augustine 10 years ago...wow...has it changed. The Quality Inn was near all the really cool things to see! Our room was great and all the staff,especially Marielena and Frank were just super!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor...corner..very quiet...even near the pool and hot tub!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple