“My FIRST Choice Staying In St Augustine” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine

Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine
Ranked #60 of 79 Hotels in Saint Augustine
St. Petersburg, Florida
“My FIRST Choice Staying In St Augustine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

More for your money. First class staff service and more than continental breakfast! it was obvious that ownership and management wanted to cater to all cultures, races, and ages. My wife and I enjoyed our two nights stay poolside. Plenty of parking, ice machines full, located near enough to walk to some of the better restaurants. Staff attitudes always tells the reality of ownership approaches and training or lackthereof. This staff was SUPERB! Tati catered to clients to match needs to a smooth stay. Jayda made sure my rewards credits would be credited. The rooms were clean and even when I forgot to take my phone charger, our roommaid noticed and brought it to us before we left;. that could only occur with a cleaning crew disciplined to turn rooms over immediately.
Thank you Quality Inn Historic. Anytime i need to stay in St. Augustine, you can bet that I'll stay with you!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank charles w
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Quality Inn Historic. Our owner is very hands on, and does a great job keeping us all motivated. We try to keep the family attitude and extend it to our guests as well. We pride ourselves in our work and letting the guest have a relaxing time. We are so glad you had an excellent experience and be sure we will continue to demonstrate this service. Next time you stay with us we hope you can enjoy the new landscaping and roses in the gardens we are adding! Hope to see you again soon!

Marielena Scibelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We only needed to stay one night in St. Augustine four days after Christmas. All the B&Bs and Inns were either booked or way too expensive for us. I first booked two nights through Expedia, and they charged me in advance. I later canceled the reservation as we needed only one night, instead of two. The hotel graciously re-booked us for the same room, same rate, but only one night. The Quality Inn was perfect. The seasonal rates were great, the room was clean, large enough, the central air conditioning was nice and quiet (unlike some places), and my husband was able to use one of their computers in the Business Center. We didn't have the comp breakfast, but from what we saw - it looked great. The staff was polite and helpful. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor on the front of the building. Ponce de Leon has lots of noisy traffic, b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am so glad the Front Desk Team was able to help you the way they were. We at the Quality Inn Historic try very hard to make every guest feel welcome and special. Our breakfast is wonderful next time make sure you have time to enjoy our Free Hot Breakfast. We have a wonderful team there every morning between Tatai making the waffles fresh for everyone and our owner telling jokes tableside the experience is an A+. We look forward to you staying at the hotel again in the future. Thanks again

Marielena Scibelli
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

My stay was absolutely amazing thanks to the Front Desk staff, Ryan W. He ensured I was comfortable and felt at home. Fast service, friendly and reliable made my trip so much more enjoyable! Thank you!

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd Floor and faced a large pond which you can fish in so bring your poles and ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Located on US-1 along the northern approach to St. Augustine,15-20 minute walk to the historic sights.

Traveled with my girlfriend for a short overnight stay. We had problems with the electronic key card. After unsuccessfully programming the key card twice, front-desk had to let us in using the master key.

Our room was clean with average standard.

Complimentary breakfast served on plastic plates and cutlery, I expect more and healthier options. Hostess did a great job though. Denny's and McDonald's restaurant across the street for even worse breakfast.

Free parking
Free continental breakfast
Free WiFi (no password required)
Swimming pool

Stayed one day, early January.
Double Room, 2 Double Beds, Non Smoking
Rate $75 inc. tax (booked same day)

Would consider repeat business for overnight stay should I return to St. Augustine.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west may experience inconvenience from the nearby railroad. We stayed in the eastern wi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

the people that work there are really nice the lady that checked me in, Marielena, was very helpful and friendly... best serves ever im sure ill be staying there again thank you all and mostly Marielena for making my stay the best ever... was great to get away from my home... i may already live in st. augustine but felt like i was away from home... best stay ever

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a weekend get away before Christmas to see the lights in downtown St. augustine. The staff were very sweet and helpful especially Jayda and Tati. The place was clean and I felt safe. Would stay there again. Tati even made my waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed December 2013
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed and it was an excellent service overall. Especially at the time of Breakfast (we had exceptional service by Miss. Tati). This was in the Quality Inn @ 1111 N. Ponce De Leon Blvd. 32084, Every morning you would see how she was so kind and helpful with everyone there and even making there waffles. And every morning with a big smile and create conversation and how she can be more helpful. This is a very refreshing experience. Sincerely Mrs. Ramos

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Ramos,

Thank You for you recent stay at the Quality Inn Historic! I am so glad we can be a part of such a special occasion! You are correct Tati is a valuable employee and very loved by all our guests! She adds a special charm to our Free Hot breakfast! We look forward to having you with us again soon if not at least for your 28th anniversary as we love to leave special surprises for our choice privileges guests or even if you let us know when you make your reservation its a special day we try to always add something for you to remember! Our owner takes pride in treating each guest as part of our family! Thank You again for your recent stay and again please email me when you are coming to stay again. marielena@qualityinnhistoric.com

Marielena