We took a day trip to St. Augustine's for Valentine's day while down in Florida for vacation in February 2013. All the B&Bs we walked by were booked so we found this online at $80/night. The pictures online looked nice so we drove over. The front desk lady was nice. Gave us the room for the $80 price we saw online -that's where the positives ended. We went into the room looking for some down time before heading out for the night. Right away, you felt something was off. It was kinda seedy and you felt scared. There were people sitting in their cars smoking right outside the room and they did not look like guests. The room itself was DISGUSTING!!!! We were not previously told the room she gave us was a smoking room, nor were we given any options. We saw 2 cockroaches in the bathroom. The Toilet did not flush properly and there was rust on the drain and taps. The smoke in the room was so thick we were choking. My fiance is a social smoker and even he couldn't stand the smell. We wound up putting a chair up against the door because we didn't feel safe. And we put our bags on the little table provided after seeing the roaches. I'm not a picky person, but after trying desperately to suck it up and live with it because it was cheap, my intuitions got the better of me and we left after 20minutes. THANK GOD! I told the front desk lady i couldn't stay there with the roaches and she didn't even seem surprised, just asked for the room number and confirmed she wouldn't charge our card. So far, she's been right, no charges came through. We went across the street and got the last room at the Holiday Inn for $30 more. Now there's a hotel worth staying at -non-smoking, clean, secure. GLAD I WENT WITH MY INSTINCTS AND LEFT THE QUALITY INN!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine is located in scenic downtown St. Augustine, overlooking the beautiful San Sebastian River and Flagler Era railroad to the west. Leave your car and walk to area restaurants and shops, plus the town trolley and train stops are a 10 minute walk from the Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine. You will be minutes from shopping at the Belz Outlet Mall, gator viewing at the Alligator Farm Zoological Park, and the fast paced world of racing at the Daytona International Speedway are all near the Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Historic St. Augustine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Historic Hotel Saint Augustine
- Quality Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Quality Inn