“BEWARE!! Absolutely disgusting hotel!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Florida
“BEWARE!! Absolutely disgusting hotel!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Where do I begin? This hotel was by far the worst I have ever stayed in. Upon arriving to our room, my girl friend and I noticed the AC was not working properly and was stuck on "heat" mode. Front desk handled the situation, however AC looked as if it was pulled apart..barely being held together with masking tape. Once the AC was working, it blew out a strong smokey odor, as if the room used to be for smokers.

The bathroom was disgusting. Mold throughout the edges of the ceiling, not only in the bathroom but throughout the room. Women's hair was plastered on the shower walls as if someone took a shower minutes before without a cleaning. The ceiling in the bathroom was the real kicker, bowing downward as if it were about to collapse any minute..the door also had a large indent on the backside that was covered in purpleish plaster, like someone punched a hole in the door. You could also see where maintenance attempted to cover mold on the ceiling with paint.

The carpet was filthy, we didn't even want to walk barefoot so we used our sandals. One of the chairs for the desk had large, mysterious stains on them..nasty. We also had gotten locked out of our room after returning from dinner. The metal latch had swung over, making it impossible to enter our room. After about 30 mins of waiting, the guy at the front desk had to forcefully cut the latch in order to let us in. Furious, I canceled my second night and booked elsewhere.

This hotel needs to be condemned. The negative reviews do not lie. Save yourself the grief and money..DO NOT STAY HERE!
Pictures don't lie!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Joey N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I don't like to have to write a negative review but I like to call a spade a spade to warn others like you. The room was horrible. The lobby was very nice and the pool & hot tub were the best parts of the stay. The girl at the front counter was nice enough. The room and bedding was damp like they'd had the A/C off for a long while before turning it back on. It was the end of October, which meant at night we had to turn the heat on, and man did it stink like burning hair.The walls were shoddily recovered with poorly applied texture. This motel looks like it had been an old Motel 6, and for those of us who made the mistake of staying at a Motel 6 in the past, you know what I'm talking about. The drapes had mold and burn marks on them (somewhat of an amazing accomplishment really). The carpet was dirty along the edges. The beds were somewhat hard and flat. The linens were clean. The decor is the equivalent of plain vanilla. The carpeting was questionably clean to where I didn't feel comfortable having the kids blankies touch it. Not worth the $139.00 + tax that we had to pay. There was a motorcycle show in Daytona that forced our hand into this available place. Which explains how even with the mediocre to negative reviews we ended up here. Seriously, look elsewhere for a better room. If there's a positive review, it's most likely because they are confusing this location with the one in Elkton or other places in St. Augustine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Middlemancrisis
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We loved our stay in this hotel. What a wonderful location, friendly staff and cleanliness. I have travelled and stayed in many places but I am fully satisfied, Best value for the bucks. What a friendly atmosphere in the hotel, nice breakfast, we didn't even realize that we are away from home. Strongly recommended for everyone. I can't imagine any other place for my family for the future stays at St. Augustine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Logansport, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

While we did enjoy our stay at Saint Augustine, Fl. Quality Inn & Suites, it left a little to be desired. The place just seems to be outdated, no room whatsoever to walk around the pool, got NO reception on my cell, ever. There were tiny ants everywhere on the outside of our door and around the pool. We did get a pretty good deal on the rates so nothing to complain about there, however would not stay there again if rates were higher. The description falsely leads you to believe that the walkway to the beach is right outside the hotel when it is actually about 1/2 block down the road and across the street, then the walkway itself is about a 10-15 walk to the beach..The staff was very friendly and helpful when we spoke to them, so a plus on that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel based on the price, but this hotel could use some work. The room smelled mildewy and there was black mold or mildew growing on the ceilings that they've tried to paint over. The bathroom was clean, but taking one shower created so much condensation even the carpet felt wet. The staff was very friendly, so I was willing to overlook all of these issues, because it is in a decent location and decently priced. But the second morning, I woke up with three large, itchy welts which could only be bedbug bites! I have to draw the line at bugs feasting on my blood. This would be the second Quality Inn I've stayed at with a bedbug problem.

Room Tip: Do a bedbug check!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 999LoveToTravel999
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property for the Labor Day week end. The staff were very friendly, accomodating and knowledgeble about local attractions and dining. The rooms were very clean and accomidating. The pool area was great and the property is located on beautiful Anistasia Island. I was very impressed as well with the owner who went out of his way to ask and make sure we had a good guest experience. This property is a hidden gem on St Augustine Beach and we will be back !

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This Is The Worst Hotel I've Ever Stayed In. Don't Waste Your Money. Manager Didn't CaRe About Any Inconvenience, Neither Did Staff. First Room the TV And Phone Did Not Work. The Lock On The Door Was Broken. The Second Room, The Phone Started beeping At 2Am. Woke Up My Daughter. Front Desk Staff Didn't Know How To Stop It. had To Unplugged The Phone. The Manager Said That An Alarm Was Set On The Phone And Basically Acted Like It Wasn't A Big Deal And I Should've Known How To Turn It Off. Morning Front Desk Staff Acted The Same Way. Horrible Horrible Stay.

• Stayed August 2013