Where do I begin? This hotel was by far the worst I have ever stayed in. Upon arriving to our room, my girl friend and I noticed the AC was not working properly and was stuck on "heat" mode. Front desk handled the situation, however AC looked as if it was pulled apart..barely being held together with masking tape. Once the AC was working, it blew out a strong smokey odor, as if the room used to be for smokers.
The bathroom was disgusting. Mold throughout the edges of the ceiling, not only in the bathroom but throughout the room. Women's hair was plastered on the shower walls as if someone took a shower minutes before without a cleaning. The ceiling in the bathroom was the real kicker, bowing downward as if it were about to collapse any minute..the door also had a large indent on the backside that was covered in purpleish plaster, like someone punched a hole in the door. You could also see where maintenance attempted to cover mold on the ceiling with paint.
The carpet was filthy, we didn't even want to walk barefoot so we used our sandals. One of the chairs for the desk had large, mysterious stains on them..nasty. We also had gotten locked out of our room after returning from dinner. The metal latch had swung over, making it impossible to enter our room. After about 30 mins of waiting, the guy at the front desk had to forcefully cut the latch in order to let us in. Furious, I canceled my second night and booked elsewhere.
This hotel needs to be condemned. The negative reviews do not lie. Save yourself the grief and money..DO NOT STAY HERE!
Pictures don't lie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located Across from Beautiful St. Augustine Beach, Has nice Wooden Board walk to the beach from hotel, NO OCEAN VEIW FROM Room & HOTEL. Old town trolly tour pick up everyhour. Free full HOT Breakfast, Free HBO, free highspeed wifi thruout the hotel. 32" FLAT SCREEN HD TV, Hair Dryer, Iron and Board, In room Coffee Maker, full length mirror, night light, Out Door Pool & Hot Tub. Hotel is 100% non smoking, with designated smoke area. Pet Friendly rooms available with pet verified , $20.00 charge per pet per night. Historic Downtown 4 miles from hotel, Choice of nice restaurants within 1 mile area. Oldest Light House 1 mile from hotel. Daytona 45 miles, Orlando Theame Park 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn - St. Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine
- Comfort Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Comfort Inn