“Excellent”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #66 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were there on business,but the owners and staff made it feel like we were on holiday. Rooms are clean and great breakfast. 500 hundred steps to the beach and shuttle that takes you into the old city. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I reerved this motel for a 5 night vacation. However after checking in and staying the first night, we changed our plans. When I went to check out the next morning, the lady at the desk said she would have to charge us for that coming night because we hadn't cancelled 24 hours in advance. I stay almost exclusively at the Choice Hotels chain and am a member of their rewards program with Elite status. In all my years, I've NEVER been charged for an early checkout. I protested but to no avail.

With regard to the suite. It had a loveseat in a very dark alcove with no lamp nearby. So it was impossible to sit here and read at night. The boardwalk to the beach was down the street and was nearly a 1/4 mile walk to the beach. In addition, the boardwalk is locked from 6 pm-6am; so there is no convenient way to the beach after 6:00 pm.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbierman
Reviewed May 18, 2013

First thing I did when we got into our room was get out my lysol and spray the bedding. This location is pretty old and pretty run down. I think the sheets on our bed had been laundered a few thousand times--they were very rough, and I refused to walk on the carpet barefoot. The beach access is a LONG walk. And as I was checking out, a couple came in behind me who told the clerk that they had checked in the previous night, stayed 5 minutes, then left cuz they were disgusted with their room. I'm a travel agent and I will not be returning or recommending this hotel to my clients!

Room Tip: They are a pet-friendly hotel but they have no area to take your doggie to pottie other than a bog i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This location is a great value for a beach getaway in St. Augustine. The hotel is clean, the breakfast is adequate, the amenities are standard and include pay washers/dryers on each floor, the staff is friendly and hard-working, and the location is close to the St. John's County Pier and lots of local restaurants on the Island. It is just minutes away from all of the visitor attractions in the oldest city in the U.S.!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On our way home, we stayed at that this Quality Inn in St Augustine on our way home from Disney. It is what we expected for a Quality Inn. It was clean and the bed was good. The room was satisfactory but the air conditioning unit was rather noisy. The others in our group didn't have this problem. We did get a good nights sleep. the free breakfast the next morning was what you would expect from a Quality Inn. It was part of the room price and included pastries, waffles, cereals, etc with hot coffee. I would stay here again if it was for a couple of nights only. I would not stay here if it was for an extended stay like a week.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a reservation through Choice Hotels reservation system that has a 24 hour cancellation policy. After arrival and check in we went to the room. The room we got had a musty mouldy type smell and was filthy. The bathroom in my opinion was disgusting and the room was not clean and very dated. We decided not to stay. When we went to the desk to attempt to get our money back, this news was not well acceoted by the front desk staff. She insisted on showing us another room. This room was no better and againwe attempted to get a refund. She then called a "manager" who barated me. I at no time said anything derrogatory or expressed any agression or anger. I was accused of having an attitiude and was informed that I would get no refund unless Choice hotels allowed it. I called Choice from the parking lot and they started a complaint file and said it was up to the hotel to resolve our problem as they are independently owned. Each blaming each other. My credit card was charged and I have not recieved a credit back for the room or the additional room I booked and paid for my sister nad her husband. I seriously question Quality Inn for allowing an owner to let their hotel to get into this condition and to call it a "Quality" Inn. I would neeeeeever stay here and question whether I will stay in Choice Hotel properties again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Fred F
deeparti, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

guest were not even in the rooms, they have a 3 rooms booking, and watend to stay somewhere
in downtown, so they wanted to cancel all 3 rooms, as we have a 24 hrs cancellation policy, we told it will be non cancellable. offer to show them diffrent rooms they choose to leave. The room they smell moldy and musty smell rented very next day and guest styed and was happy.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The rooms were good, clean and functional. I found the breakfasts to be very inetersting and enjoyable. The parking is very covenient and right outside the room which saves lots of walking with bags. Very professional and cooperative representaives. This is a place to stay, the best value of your dollars..recommended place for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family