“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
Essex
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were lucky enough to have my parents babysit our two young children, so we booked a last minute saturday night at the Casa Monica . It's only a 45 minute drive from our home in Jacksonville, and we got to the hotel around 7.30 pm. Valet parking and check in were both smooth.
Hotel is very pretty. Architecture is great. Our king room was spacious and spotless.
We took the short walk to the harbour front for a Martini, then came back to the hotel and sat in the lobby bar . There was a great jazz band playing so we ordered some tapas style sharing platter ( very nice ) and a drink, and enjoyed the music.
Bed was very comfy ! Hotel is lovely. Check out very efficient.
Great hotel - would definitely recommend and would definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VickiP23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Polish first
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lovely small room, beautifully decorated hotel, wonderful service. rooftop pool needs bar to make Hanging and relaxing more inviting,pool furniture gets very hot as does ground. Be careful. Location perfect to walk to shops, restaurants.will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Casa Monica is the most beautiful hotel in St. Augustine. The lobby, the rooms, the restaurant, the pool, everything was great!
We checked in on a busy Thursday AND we got an early check in. Staff was great. Location was perfect to all the sights and downtown area. I really loved the decor of the hotel!
Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel would be my first choice for an upscale five star type of reservation in St. Augustine. Although I have stayed here before, I was most recently relocated to this hotel by another that was sold out when I arrived. Renaissance World Golf Village called the Executive Assistant to the GM at Casa Monica (we are familiar with each other) and explained the situation, the hotel was oversold when our large group arrived and they quickly decided to accommodate myself and one of our executives at Casa Monica. Under normal circumstances you would be terribly disappointed for this to happen, for me it was a most welcome and pleasant surprise. The Casa Monica is rich in history and a beautiful cornerstone of Downtown St. Augustine. The service is not just great, I felt like I was staying at a family members home. Once I valet parked and another time, I easily found free on street overnight parking right in front of the hotel which was very convenient. The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable for a great nights sleep, I had a small sitting area that was a great place to work. So many nearby attractions, I was able to check in on my group (touring St. Augustine) several times throughout the day and quickly and easily return to the hotel to continue working. I'm so appreciative of this hotel and their service and look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
St. Lucia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at casa Monica and enjoyed my stay.

1) location great central nice to look at the old buildings, just love the architecture.
2) the rooms are comfortable and clean, well furnished and great coffee in the rooms.
3) I love the decor of the hotel itself amazing beautiful, gosh could take home some of the amazing fixtures, simply beautiful
4) a great little coffee shop and restaurant on property(more vegetarian options would be a plus)
5) I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating
down side
1) I find it would have been nice to have a complimentary bottle of wine and water in the room rather than one that has a price tag on it, in very small print so when you arrive late at night and the lights are low one can not see the price?
2) the pool is a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the hotel, clean and everything but just small and basic looking.
3) I find the price to park your car 24 US a day rater hot when you are already paying 300 US a night for a room.

Again the staff were very nice and the hotel wonderful I would visit again(I hope)

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper so I could hear the vehicles on the Court yard side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

A lot of our friends recommended the hotel. We were not disappointed - it's Spanish rich décor; cool bar; close proximity to many key history spots; solid valet attendees; and gorgeous room called the Anastasia make this a good choice in a lodging rich area.

2 Thank MPMaddux
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a wedding in St Augustine and had about 25 rooms booked here. Overall it is a beautiful property, but needs better management. It took 45 minutes to get humus in the bar. The valet parking needs a better system. You check the car in at one side of the hotel, and when you get your car back, if you call to get the car, they leave it on the street side locked, with no one there with the key. We had the bride, and 5 bridesmaids sitting out in the hot sun waiting for someone to get the key. The morning of the wedding, it took almost an hour to get softer pillows in the bridal suite. One of the guests booked the large suite and couldn't check in until 5:00.
I would not expect so many things like this to happen in a property that is supposed to be as good as the other Kessler properties. Considering the costs, the services should have gone much smoother. We also booked a brunch for 100 people , and were told we could not take any of the food home after the brunch. People were travelling and there was a lot of food left over that we paid for.

Room Tip: We paid for a premium view and at first were given a room with a 4' high window facing a buildin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family