“Good Hotel in St. Augustine.”

Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
São Paulo
“Good Hotel in St. Augustine.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good hotel. Stayed in march, 17.
Good location and close to many good restaurants and bars.
Wi-fi internet is not free and I can't believe that a hotel that costs U$$ 250 a night don't give internet for free to their guests. I paid the internet and can[t use, once the wi-fi signal was very poor in my room and they refund me.
Sleep quality wasn't good, once we can't sleep too much with a baby screeaming in the of next door all night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and its disappointing that we rated only a three star review. Many full service hotels and resorts do charge for in room internet but we offer complimentary wifi in our public areas as an alternative. I am very sorry that your neighbors disturbed your privacy. I do appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel in the heart of St. Augustine, FL, North America's oldest city. Great location. Busy old town, old fort, ocean, restaurants, all within walking distance. The staff is extremely helpful. It's a little pricey but it was worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony L, General Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience in St. Augustine. There is so much to absorb in the ancient city. I sincerely appreciate your kinds words about our staff. There is a lot to come in the nations oldest city as we approach our 450th birthday. Stay tuned.
Palm Harbor Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Casa Monica is the place to stay in St Augustine, it is located directly in the restored water front area and within walking distance to all the tourist attractions. If you are visiting a student at Flagler the location is practically across the street. The public rooms are really very special, restored to previous glory, I loved the lounge off the lobby in the evenings and the Sunday brunch is civilized and very good. The guest rooms are nicely appointed but on the smaller side for this level of hotel. They offer a complimentary day pass to a beach club, also very nice and a short drive from downtown St Augustine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind review. Yes, the location is perfect and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the inspiring decor of the hotel and took the time to experience our lounge and restaurant. Please visit soon.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Everything about out stay here was great. Every employee from the bell men, to the front desk, to the valet workers were professional and courteous. The restaurant 95 Cordova was great.
My one complaint is the $25 a night parking fee and the $10 a day Internet charge. It really cheapens the place when you are already paying $220 a night for the room. I would rather they charge a little more for the room and not nickle and dime me once I get there.

• Stayed March 2013
Anthony L, General Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Casa Monica and I sincerely appreciate your very kind words about our staff. I certainly understand how you might feel about the added charges and we have created an Executive package that covers these including parking, internet, and other services for one bundled price. It has been well received and I will ensure our front desk team makes mention of this to every guest. Thank you for sharing and I hope you return soon.
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Casa Monica; mid-week in March. The hotel is beautiful and we knew that; we go to St. Augustine freqently and Always go to Casa Monica's restaurant for their unique and delicious calimari. I had stayed at this hotel twice on "girl friend" trips and enjoyed it but going with my husband made it even more special. The rooms are beautful ~ I've stayed on 3 different sides and had 3 pretty views. The service and atmosphere are just great - a really enjoyable 2 nights. The restaurant is extremely nice and all the food and drinks delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is so nice to hear from our frequent and return guests. I appreciate your loyalty. Yes, our Kessler Calimari recipe is unlike any other and a favorite at Casa Monica and our other Kessler properties as well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and plaeas plan on many more return visits.
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having grown up merely 30 minutes from St. Augustine, I never had cause to spend more than a few hours in the city. Now that I'm living further away, it was necessary to secure accomodations for a weekend to enjoy all that St. Augustine has to offer. Casa Monica proved to be an excellent choice! It is conveniently located in the historic district and within walking distance of most anything you could want to see or do. The property is beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Their restaurant also did not disappoint. The food and drinks were delicious. I will definitely be returning in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank your for your very kind words. We love to welcome our neighbors to our lovely St. Augustine. Thank you for experiencing Casa Monica and our 95 Cordova restaurant. and for recognizing our staff. Please visit again soon and often.
Highlands Ranch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this property. I stayed here during my Daytona 500 experience and I was impressed with the property. Most hotels in the Daytona area are dated, dirty, and overrated. Staying 40 miles away in the historic town of Saint Augustine was an excellent choice. The lobby is modern antique and maintains the historic feel of the area. The rooms are small and 19th century appointed but are very clean and comfortable. The gym is tiny and there is no spa. The lobby has a bar with a full service restaurant located just behind it. The core competency of this hotel is its location. It is one block from the old historic street where all of the shops/restaurants are located. It is a half mile from the historic Saint Augustine Fort.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard by flaggler college are better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anthony L, General Manager at Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We are finding that more and more guests attending the races in Daytona are making the same choice that you didi. While enjoying the excitiement that the 500 has to offer, St. Augustine offers a wonderful experience close by. Thank you for sharing and I'm sure others will follow your lead in the future.