“Stinky room”

Best Western Historical Inn
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We checked in & were hit with a moldy stinky odor the minute we walked in. The room looks clean & thank God so does the bathroom but the musty odor is stifiling. The smell must be coming from the old outdated carpet. I had to buy an air freshener in order to rest. It is NOT in the historic district. The pool is tight against the road.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mommydiva1
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical inn. I am so sorry to hear your room was musty. I am not sure when your stay was, but our carpet was just installed this spring. Once in a while if a room hasn't been used for a couple of days there can be a musty smell. Normally, within a few minutes of the a/c being on, the smell will dissipate. I am sorry that didn't happen in your case. I wish you would have contacted the front desk after you checked in, so we would have been able to resolve the situation and to make your stay more enjoyable. Once again, I apologize, and hope you would consider us again. If so please contact me directly, and I will take good care of you.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My mother and I along with my two small children stayed at the Best Western Historical St. Augustine in mid-July to celebrate my birthday...I picked this hotel after cancelling reservations at a dif hotel and all was hoping for was that it would be clean and comfy enough with the kids. And it was sooooo much better! Our room was one w/two queen beds (super comfy beds, by the way) and they'd already put a crib in our room for my son before we even got checked in. The room was immaculately cleaned, it was a good, spacious set up. All the staff I interracted with were incredibly helpful and friendly, the pool was clean and the temp was perfect. The tub was clean enough I was comfortable letting my children take a bath each night (a definite plus to hotels w/o a tub/shower comfo) and the free bfast was actually full of several good selections-all were fresh. We had a wonderful stay and hope to return again soon....

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank domestc_rockstr

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am delighted to hear you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Very clean!! The bathromm was in perfect condition... Almost like new... Confortable beds... The a/c worked perfect. It was just behind the historic center but without the noise... I could park my car just infronto of my door, without problem...

Room Tip: Close to the historic center, but away from the noise!! Perfect place
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrea B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Best Western Historical Inn. It's great to hear you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I hope you can return soon for another stay at our property.

SIncerely,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Best Western always meets our needs, comfort, price, WAFFLES for breakfast. Only down fall was we thought we were booking the Historical Inn that was right in the heart of everything at the city gates. Alas this one was outside the city (minutes mind you to the tram station). If you want to walk outside to the tram station you will need the other Best Western (not sure what it is named).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we are a mile from the heart of the historical district, we are within a few blocks of the old jail where the trolley tour begins. As always, the trolley and train tours will pick you up at our hotel.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times. It is clean, and very reasonably priced. We especially like it because it is right in the middle of everything. An easy walk to downtown, or uptown. The best western points are awesome too. The staff is very accommodating and willing to offer advice on things and places to see and do. They offer coupon books too which always come in handy! Will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diane C
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Best Western Historical Inn. I am glad you like our location, close to both uptown and downtown and only across the Vilano Bridge to the beach. I noticed that you have stayed here several times, and are taking advantage of the Best Western Rewards program. It is a great travel program, and one of the few in the industry in which the points you've earned will never expire. Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This way a great place to stay. The rooms were extremely clean and the staff at the desk was super friendly. The king size bed in the room we were in was amazingly comfortable and i loved the pressure in the shower. (You might want to bring your own pillows though, these here are comfortable, but very small) Usually most showers are so-so but this one was great. The hotel is 1.2 miles from the fort and basically the start of Historic Downtown St. Augustine. There was plenty of information at the front desk on things to do and the staff was well knowledged about the city. The only thing i missed in the room was a microwave, other then that its great. I will for sure be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JamesRoscoe1979
Bob K, General Manager at Best Western Historical Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Best Western Historical Inn. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We pride ourselves on clean rooms, and friendly service, and I am thrilled we delivered those for you. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just stayed two nights ! Front desk was very helpful with transportation needs into downtown. Room was clean! Pool area was well maintained. Great place, just have to either walk into town(about a mile) or find other means. Free taxi is a great option at night, tip driver. Nice place for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GBH64

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Best Western Historical Inn. I am glad you found your room to be clean, and the front desk to be helpful. After all, that's what it's all about. Clean rooms and great service. We hope to see you again in the near future.