“Great place for a great price”

Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
York, United Kingdom
“Great place for a great price”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This hotel exceed our expectations! The room is really nice and spacious, very clean. Fast wireless internet, also internet cable provided in the room. Flat screen TV with a lot of channels. There was only 2 of us in the room and we had 3 large bath towels, 6 hand towels and 3 face/flannel towels for our use. Shower is powerfull. Free breakfast is good too and included: cereal, toast, boiled eggs, waffles, fruit, coffee, some sort of sausage gravy mixture, pastries, etc. Hotel staff is nice and polite. Hotel has a swimming pool and excercise room which is good too. Location couldn't be any better, just off I-95 (couldn't hear any noise at night). Hotel located next to a lot of restaurants/food diners, petrol stations and 2 huge shopping malls. Bargain price!! We liked the hotel & St Augustine so much we booked additional night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Arrived about 11:30 pm, got rooms even though the parking lot appeared to be full which we were thankful for. Room appeared to be clean on inspection; however, I did not thoroughly inspect it like I should have- my mistake. Didn't sleep well as I kept thinking I had things crawling on me, which I thought was just my mind messing with me since bed bugs are in the news. When I woke in the morning I saw a blood smear on the sheets and I didn't have any cuts so I inspected the sheets a little closer. To my surprise there was little bugs crawling all over the sheets with blood filled abdomens. I did later verify that these were indeed bed bugs in a larval stage. Both beds in the room contained the bugs. We did approach the worker at the front desk and our money was refunded, but my impression was they already knew because it was to easy to get the refund, they did not even want to go to the room to verify. The room we stayed in was room 226. My family began to get the welts associated with bites approximately 9 days later, which is the time frame for bed bug bites to begin to show. I will say the one bright spot was the gentlemen who was working in the continental breakfast area who apparently was very helpful to the rest of my family while I dealt with this.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
BWSaintAugustine, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
This guests stay was immediately COMP'd upon the receipt of the report regarding the infestation and appropriate steps were taken to eliminate the pests.

We are unfortunately not exempt from accomodating guests who may be carrying these little critters around.
We are, however more than equipped to handle these types of problems.

When infestation occurs it is our duty to both accomodate our guests and remove any threat to their well-being.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Ben Murray
Best Western @ St. Augustine

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Nashville
Reviewed September 25, 2010

For the money, you couldn't ask for better. Nice breakfast area with large breakfast selections. Gerald, the man that worked in the Breakfast area, was an absolute joy! Friendly and very informative; knew about the area and recommended things to do. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Very good place to stay in St. Augustine.

• Stayed September 2010
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Good size room - bed was comfy - a/c worked good - no fridge or micro - only about 10 mins. from St. Augustine historic district. One problem: the breakfast room was about 1/2 the size of a hotel room. I walked in and saw that the people were packed and stacked and it was hot in there. So much for the free breakfast. But it is very close to other restaurants if you don't mind buying breakfast. Had a nice pool, although I didn't have a chance to use it.
The first room they put us in was supposed to be non-smoking, although it reeked of smoke. I went right back to the desk clerk and she was very apologetic and got me a different room right away.

Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The room was wonderful, no problems at all. Staff was fine as well. Breakfast....don't expect much. It's in one of their motel rooms, and it was rather stuffy in there. Not much selection. But, we didn't pay that much for the room so I guess I really shouldn't gripe. Would return again.....

themeparkjunkie5
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Was able to get the best price on a room through Expedia.com. Stayed 2 nights. Room was clean & quiet, A/C fine, blankets were thin as reported by other guests. Firm mattress. Nice flat-screened tv with good picture. Wi-Fi in room. No fridge or microwave. No problem with ice machines or vending machine. Hotel is not far from historic St. Augustine and it was worth the extra drive to get a deeply discounted price. Breakfast is served in a converted guest room near the lobby and was supposed to start at 6:30am, but it was still not set up at 7am. Breakfast consisted of 4 cold cereals, hot cereal packets, English muffins, bread, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, muffins (blueberry & banana nut), and apples. Beverages included milk, coffee, apple juice, & orange juice. Fitness center is also in a converted guest room and is open 24/7. You can get a key card at the front desk. NordicTrack machines (elliptical, treadmill, bike, & ?). Towels & water available and a tv (no remote found). Fitness Room temperature was quite warm and I was unable to get it cooler. Pool was good-sized; no extra towels provided.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Spent an afternoon and a night there, nice and clean room, huge comfy beds, free internet, helpful staff and great waffles for breakfast. A great choice for a one night sleep while on the road, would definitely come back.