“Good Location and Price”

Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Tell City, Indiana
“Good Location and Price”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Easy to find right off the interstate. We used a roadside coupon book to get our rooms at a fair price. They were joining rooms on the second floor. There is no elevator so be ready to pack that luggage up some steps! Only complaint about our rooms is no micro-fridge in there. The breakfast was good but seating was poor.Staff was wonderful...would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KimFfromKY
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I want to thank you for your good review of our hotel. Due to the limitation with the space in breakfast area, we do our best to help our guests with breakfast. We are looking to expand our breakfast area and hope it will eliminate our problem. Please accept my apologies.

Thanks,Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Called about my reservation that I made through Priceline for March 14. The person who answered "Andrea" was not in the least helpful. I was requesting a room on the first floor with a single bed. My husband and I do not sleep in separate beds. So we do not need a room with two beds. First she acted as if she didn't understand what I was asking. Then, she said I would have to talk to Priceline if I wanted a room with a single bed. Why?? I'm speaking with the hotel directly. Then, she suggested I call back tomorrow between 7am and 3pm when someone who knows how to work the front desk is there. Wow!!! I'm not even there yet and I am getting poor service. All I wanted was one bed instead of two. I thought a Best Western hotel could handle something like that, guess I was wrong. I'm not there yet and already disappointed. Cassandra

Room Tip: If you can't get good customer service on the phone, just think what you are going to get in per...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cassandra B
I want to thank you for letting me know about your experience. I am sorry to learn that our staff was unable to take care of your needs. Normally if the reservation is made through third party we do ask that you get in touch with them since your payment is made to them as well and you can take care of any changes through them and it eliminate any issues. Please accept my apologies.

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Reviewed March 2, 2013

At first I was disappointed by the lack of room ammentities. No fridge. That was disappointing. The room is spacious. Heater works AMAZING! The maids came in ad cleaned our rooms and was very nice to come back to. The night crew wasn't very helpful but it was 1130 when we checked in. Day crew was better. Taco Bell, Cracker Barrel, ruby Tuesdays are all VERY close which was nice. It's good for the price and location. Super close to shopping and a short drive from everything else.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TristaJo
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much letting us know about your experience at our hotel. It helps us to serve our guests better. I will share this with my staff. Hope to see you again for another great stay.

oshawa
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Best Western I-95 during our trip to the 2013 Daytona 500. It was a perfect place for us to stay, halfway between Jacksonville airport and the track. Plus, we were pretty much there only to sleep, and even that was only 6 or 7 hours for a few days straight. We never had the free breakfast but many people i could see did. The pool looked nice as well. I would say the only draw back is that the only food options around are fast food, such as Denny's, Taco Bell and Mc'D's. We made the short drive into St. Augustine each night for better dining choices. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms are small, but unless you are going to live there, it is cheap and right on the highway across from the Premium Outlet Mall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. It helps us take care of our guests better. We hope to see you again for Dayton 500.

Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I rented two rooms myself and my parents. It seemed run down. when i woke in the morning to find a dead cock roach in the bathroom, well , that did it for me. the room seemed clean. the sink area was good. the front desk staff was pleasant. the grounds around the pool looked ruff. the beds were nice. the shear amount of people hanging off the walkways above the first floor was disturbing. I'm glad i was only staying one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to learn about yur experience but I want to asuure that we do use Massey Pest Control service on monthly bases and also on call as needed. Please accept my apology and we will make sure they come and treat the area again.

Auburn, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This was the first Best Western I have stayed at in years. The room was clean, the bed was super comfotrable, and the Wi-Fi was very good. Many dining options within walking distance. I plan on being in St. Augustine rather often and will not hesitate to continue staying here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JamesPMason
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I will pass this on to our staff and let them know how their hard work is appreciated. We take great pride in serving our guests. We hope to see you for another enjoyable stay with us.

Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

this is the worst dive I have ever had the misfortune
to stay in.
came back @ 5pm to find that the room hadn't been cleaned....
no maid service.
no microwave in room....
no clean towels....
no lid for the ice bucket....
no guide on the cable tv....
enough said

Room Tip: no good room, avoid!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I want to thank you for your response. I am sorry but we can not find you in our system under your name for us to investigate your issues. We do not have microwaves in all the rooms but we do provide one in the lobby, TV guide is also provided in the guest directory in the rooms. We will make sure we do address your concerns with our staff.