“Best Value of My Trip”

Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Very comfortable and clean room. Decent breakfast at this price point, escpecially after the boiled eggs appeared to supplement the high carb options. Bed was the most comfortable of six hotels I stayed at during my vacation. Very helpful and professional staff. Not the easiest to get too after exiting the interstate. Easy to miss.

Room Tip: Mine was excellent (120), on the inside, facing the pool, but close to parking, ice and vending. Qu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jane P, Manager at Best Western St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking time to write your experience at our hotel. Hope to see you again for another enjoyable stay.

Thanks,
Jane

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night and will never stay here again. Room was relatively clean but that was about the only good thing I have to say about this place. Walls are paper-thin, mattress was ridiculously firm. We were all the way at the back of the motel by the dumpster and the company came about 3AM to empty the dumpster. They must have woken everyone on that side of the motel.. it was ridiculously loud, especially considering they were right outside of a motel with people trying to sleep. I said something to the front desk staff in the morning and they had nothing to say, not "sorry", not "oh really", nothing. Stayed in the Wingate by Wyndham the next time I was in St. Augustine and it was DEFINITELY worth the 30 extra bucks. Will not make this mistake again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, absolutely request something near the front.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed for three days starting on 12/26/12. Stayed in a very clean "king non-smoking room" poolside. The breakfast was like all the others in these type of hotels but hit the spot. Breakfast room was small for the amount of people staying there, but the food was well stocked and attended too by staff. Clerk at front desk was very friendly. Vending and ice machines were well stocked. Hotel very close to many restaurants and the Outlet Mall and you can walk to Ruby Tuesday if you need to have a cocktail or walk to Denny's for dinner. Access to the hotel property is a little tricky from the main road, but for the price it seemed irrelevent. Hotel has fitness room but one of the machines was not working, the other two machines were fine. I will recommend this hotel to anyone for the price I paid.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Putterboy
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Hard to believe this location carries the Best Western brand. We should have run when trying to open the room door caused the entire outside wall of our room to move back and forth. Swaying at the base of the wall. We had never seen that before. Room was "tired" and musty smelling. Tractor-trailer cabs and trailers parked outside our room, on the property, every night. The switching of trailers to another cab occured throughout the night bolting us awake. Facility obviously doesn't own a broom or ability to sweep up trash and cigarette butts in the common areas or simply chooses not to do so. Rooms on the pool side appeared empty when we were there and might have been nicer. Not sure why we were punished with a worse than truck-stop location. No bargain price-wise either.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackandjuliecooper
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Hotel was as advertised and typical for this price range. Breakfast room was crowded but no sweat, grab your stuff and go back to your room. Check-in/checkout was efficient and staff was friendly. You get what you pay for and the hotel delivered. I see some other reviews talking about fridges, microwaves, etc...they don't advertise these amenities so I didn't expect them.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jfaul98
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were spending 3 days / 2 nights in Saint Augustine:
1st night was ok, wasn't expecting great luxury considering the price of the room, however, breakfast is set-up in what-used-to-be a room and is way too small to accomodate guests when the hotel is at capacity. We ended up taking our breakfast back to our room and ate there, not exactly the easiest as there is only 1 chair in the room.
When we came back at the end of the day, the beds had not been made, the trash bins were not empty and the bathroom had not been cleaned up! So obviously, we could tell that no one had bothered cleaning our room during the day.
When we went to the front desk, the person on duty seemed to be by herself and instead of being apologetic and compassionate, she blew us off saying their was nothing she could do. Needless to say that we reported her to the manager the next day, but because we had booked the room through a 3rd party website, they were not able to give us a discount.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmericanEagleFL
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week in September 2012 and I must say this was one of the scariest experiences. This place looks run down, the rooms are extremely tiny, and they only offer the bare essentials (not even a mini-refrigerator...). Quite a few trashy people staying there (I'm quite sure one was a prostitute). In the main green area, I found a 3 ft long snake which I think was a water mocassin (some of them are venomous). After somebody killed it, it layed on the sidewalk for about 2 days before someone cleaned it up. Disgusting!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple