“A Fun Place to Eat”
Review of Hurricane Patty's

Hurricane Patty's
Reserve with OpenTable
Hurricane Patty's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #245 of 600 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Waterfront Restaurant with Freshly Prepared Cuisine and Signature Cocktails. Here you'll find a fresh, colorful and fun restaurant experience inspired by the islands. Whether navigation from the waterways or a local landlubber, with guidance from our warm and welcoming staff our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of the tropics. Our approachable menu features fresh seafood and grilled meats, world reknown appetizers and freshly prepared sauces. We feature great daily specials, and live music or daily entertainment. Sit back and enjoy a wide array of signature drinks, including our award winning Datil Smoothie and world infamous Hurricane Category 5 Cocktail!
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our first time there. Based on our overall experience, I was surprised the average rating/rank wasn't higher for this restaurant. The menu was varied and our food was very good. Our waitress was friendly, prompt, and very efficient. In fact, our dinners came more quickly than I expected. The place is fun with great atmosphere and good views. The only thing that we thought could have been better was the clam chowder; they had put their own spin on it. Many people might like it but it wasn't quite our cup of tea. At the end of our meal I wanted to ask about one of the sauces and quite a few of the people went our of their way to answer my question. I appreciated their effort since they were quite busy at the time.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Just lousy. Service - poor, waiter was way too distracted, only half way paying attention, defensive when pressed with problems. Drinks were wrong, tasted lousy, did not even drink. Food was not good. Ordered stuffed shrimp. Shrimp were boiled or steamed, butterflied and then just globbed with wet crab like dressing. Dressing not cooked, not fried, not broiled, just globbed on. Nasty. Entrée on menu with two suggested sides at one price. They were out of one side so we were asked to order another side. We were charged an upcharge for the substitution! Unbelievable! Waiter blames it on the computer. We are not difficult customers. Disappointing.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The location was great, and the food was very good. We got seated right away. The only complaint I had was the service. The waitress was fine, but we waited awhile for our food and appetizers, and they had misplaced my salad. Other than that, the menu was great, and a very friendly atmosphere for all ages. I strongly recommend eating here for anyone looking for great seafood on the marsh.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I hate leaving negative reviews so I'll start by saying the food that was available was really really good. Ok now to my biggest issue. The waitress. My husband wouldn't let me go back and get her name but she ignored us most of the night, smelled like cigarettes when she did show up after being asked for several times and had a horrible attitude. The forced 20% tip for horrible service has cemented my decision to never return. It wasn't just a few menu items that weren't available it was many. And honestly the food we did get was great but as we were walking out the waitress said loudly to the bus boy " god damn, I thought they would NEVER leave. Now I can get my tip and go home" don't worry sweetie, NONE of us will be back. Sadly this was some place we looked forward to eating at while visiting family in Jacksonville and due to this particularly disgusting waitress we won't be returning. Hope u enjoyed the $40 you made off my family sugar, it will be the last you get from any of us.

1  Thank jnpbell
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had shared seafood platter that contained cooked fish, clams, mussels, crab, prawns, craw fish, and much more. It was absolutely delicious and i thoroughly recommend it.The staff were all very friendly and efficient. It is in a lovely sport. I can't wait to go back next time I am in St. Augustine.