“FAVORITE ANYWHERE”

Metro Diner
Ranked #22 of 655 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my new favorite restaurant anywhere. Frannie, Jacob, their manager, Michelle, and others, are simply the best. The food is great quality, with large portions, and at a reasonable price. But, the people are so welcoming. They make you feel like family. I love this place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So living down the road and owning a local business, I eat out a lot here. I have eaten at Metro diner several times along with some of their other locations. The food has always been amazing! The portions are ginormous! They definitely don’t skimp on the food or the quality. The service is always fantastic. The chicken and waffles are amazing, the sandwiches, the breakfast really everything I tried! Definitely check them out!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This place serves a decent breakfast meal. The fried chicken is seasoned very well and the biscuits are excellent. Be prepared to wait a while, but the food is delivered quickly. This is a good place to dine if you are looking for a decent breakfast. Nothing different.

Reviewed January 11, 2019

Service was good; the menu was excellent. The food was delivered in a reasonable time and in good quantity. The individual components of each dish were very good but the overall taste of the dish was a bit disappointing. We were surprised by this but still like Metro Diner.

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

I chose Metro Diner because we didn’t have much time to take a detour but still wanted to enjoy a brief visit to St Augustine on our way to South Florida and the Blue Hen Cafe was likely to have a 30-45 min wait by the time we got there. I would not have chosen this place, had I been more familiar with the geography because the neighborhood is just a regular anywhere USA, and even though this place was voted 2nd after the Blue Hen Cafe, I would not go get breakfast there if I were visiting St Augustine when there are many other charming places to go to in the historic district if you’re spending the time to be there. The food was economical and good—I had their signature fried chicken and waffle, their half portion—and service was excellent so no complaint there but I would rather spend the time, money and trouble looking for parking next time and find a place in the historic district.