“Birthday dinner”

Woodpeckers Backyard Barbeque
Ranked #7 of 655 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went with family for my birthday dinner. We usually go for a late lunch, this was our 1st time for dinner. Luckily, we were still able to order our favorite, fatty brisket, & our daughters had the lean brisket. Kids also had the pork. Kids had corn on the cob, adults had Datil corn, Mac n cheese, greens, baked beans . I think that’s all the sides we ordered. The buttered toast U get is Delicious, melts in your mouth. Everything is GREAT THERE! Food is Soo Good. Waitresses R Great! If U like BBG, don’t go anywhere else! This is the place to GO!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Lisa and April and the ”Dream Team” at Woodpeckers Backyard Barbecue will change your barbecue appetite for good. I will never eat a barbecue anywhere else! If you have any doubt, take the Woodpecker challenge. I tried a sampling of a few different meats/beans/salads and breads. Everything was fabulous. The sauces were delicious but not needed.
The business started in 2014. It’s was surprise to hear how well the business has been doing. We waited 20 minutes to get in.
Ask to meet Lisa. What a pleasure it was to meet this very friendly owner.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place gets packed early. Really not sure why. The food is okay, but when you have a husband that smokes butts and ribs, it's much to be desired. Food took a long time to come out. Texas toast was more like corn bread. But give it a try.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful place. I can't say enough great things about this Family BBQ restaurant.
From the veggies to the Banana Pudding it's off the chain.
I had the Datil Sausage and Fatty Brisket with Datil Cornbread and Datil Corn.....everyone was stuffed and well all went home with leftovers.
Service is Always topnotch!!!!

Sorry no pictures I was to busy stuffing my face.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything everyone says in the reviews is completely accurate. I am finding myself saying the same exact words as these people -

When you walk in, you immediately feel like family. You are greeted kindly, everyone is in a good mood, and the smell of the food has your juices flowing. Food was ready in about 5 minutes after ordering.

I cannot tell you how incredible our meal was. We ordered a pork sandwich, brisket (fatty), and ribs. Oh. My. Gosh. The brisket truly does melt in your mouth as others have said. You can taste the smoke. Check out the ribs and look at that SMOKE RING, HOLY HECK!

This place is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at in my life. I'm not kidding. And it's most definitely the BEST barbeque food I'd EVER had. Period. I grew up in Texas so I've had my fair share of barbeque. You will not find a better joint. The flavors are unbelievable. Even the sides! The sides are fantastic, too! The collards are incredibly well done, the datil coleslaw is nice and finely chopped and SPICY! Fantastic.

Oh, and the sweet tea.

Again. The best sweet tea I've ever had. GIANT cup and I still needed a refill; wish I could have a barrel of it in my house.

They do not skimp on the portions. LARGE portions. Sandwich is loaded, the brisket was plentiful - I have leftovers for dinner :D And they definitely don't skimp on quality. You can taste that the meats are of the highest caliber.

You WILL NOT find a better barbeque joint. Believe the reviews, check it out, and prepare to be amazed. I cannot wait to try the other meats next like the turkey and sausage.

This will now be our go-to barbeque joint and we plan on visiting at least weekly, even though we're 30 minutes away.

I truly cannot stress enough just how remarkably delicious this place is. Go try it.

...

What are you doing?! GO TRY IT!