“Excellent Culinary Adventure”

Present Moment Cafe
Ranked #15 of 632 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a vegan cafe serving up a different "kind" cuisine that is heart healthy, gluten free, cruelty free , flavorful organic and locally sourced. Our ice cream is house made, creamy and delicious as are all the desserts. We open at 11:00 am till 9:00 pm Monday thru Thursday and 11:00 am until 9:30 pm Friday & Saturday and 11:00 am until 9:00 pm Sunday.
Reviewed July 23, 2017

My husband and I drove an hour to give this place a try. We are not vegetarians and we were blown away by the quality of the food. My husband started with a corn chowder and ordered the special of the evening which was a Jamaican Patty over wilted spinach and dirty rice while I had their Sunlight Burger done Santa Fe Style. Being a new experience we sampled each other dishes and WOW. Everything was hands down delicious, the flavors caught us both off guard (we expected bland food), rolling over our palates and lingering leaving us savoring every bite. The presentation was beautiful and appealing and the service was excellent. We had the classic banana split with salted caramel and mango pineapple ice cream substituted for the traditional vanilla and the silky chocolate ganache pie with the salted caramel ice cream on top. Absolutely delicious the best banana split I've ever tasted and the pie was so decadent and rich. We never imagined that eating healthy could taste so delicious. It was so worth the drive and we will definitely be back. Highly recommended to anyone that loves delicious food in a fun eclectic atmosphere where you can actually hear your dinner partners conversation. If I could give more then 5 stars I would.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

First time here, but we will definitely come again. We were surprised at how large the menu was. The biggest problem was that there were too many choices! As a vegetarian for almost 40 years, I'm not used to having that problem at restaurants! Loved the United-tuna melt, better than I expected. The pancakes were light and fluffy and the Sante Fe style sun burger (don't remember the exact name) was very tasty. Even though we were full, we managed to share a heavenly piece of raw chocolate pie. Very friendly service.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Finding healthy and well prepared food in the vegetarian/vegan style is hard to do in the south. The Present Moment café is it an outstanding oasis in the typically health food desert in Florida. Absolutely delicious food, with the raw food spirit, and obviously a local hang out, off the beaten path, but well worth seeking out even if it means pulling off highway 95 to get re-energized with gourmet vegetarian/Vegan delights. Staff was friendly, food presentation was top-tier. Love this place! I shall return if I'm within 50 miles of this place.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

This place was amazing! The food was absolutely delcious. My boyfriend doesn't eat vegan food and he was raving about how great it was.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

Being vegan can be challenging when it comes to eating out. Present Moment Cafe has delicious food in a peaceful setting. You must go!