“Amazing find!”

Present Moment Cafe
Ranked #43 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a vegan cafe serving up a different "kind" cuisine that is heart healthy, gluten free, cruelty free , flavorful organic and locally sourced. Our ice cream is house made, creamy and delicious as are all the desserts. We open at 11:00 am till 9:00 pm Monday thru Thursday and 11:00 am until 9:30 pm Friday & Saturday and 11:00 am until 4:00 pm Sunday.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm not a vegetarian, but I was taking a friend, who is vegetarian, to lunch, and wanted to pick a place that I thought he'd like. He's VERY picky. I have to say that not only was this THE best vegetarian meal I've ever had, it probably ranks in the top 10 meals of any kind I've ever had in a restaurant, and I eat out 2-3 times every week all over the country, on business. My very picky 100% vegetarian friend was totally impressed. The food, the service, everything was a 10 out of 10!

1  Thank RicoEduardo

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Yes, this was me, sitting at the bar at Present Moment eating alone on Valentine's Day. There were couples, champagne, and heart-shaped placemats. Luckily the great food made me oblivious....

I am a vegetarian and went on Happy Cow to find places to eat on my trip. This was the first place I ate when I arrived. I started with a yummy carrot/beet/ginger juice and had the Sunlight Burger with cashew cheese and a side of kale avocado salad.

The atmosphere is cozy and intimate. I didn't feel weird eating alone.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank LocalKelly
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Dear Present Moment, why don't you exist in Miami? Honestly the best vegan restaurant I've been to. I'm not a vegan though; my sisters and I are pescatarians. However, we're always looking for places that have good vegetarian/vegan options, because we're trying to make the transition. It's a real challenge :/ unless you count salads. We visited St. Augustine for the first time and my friend recommended us to go here. It was so yummy! My bf is a hardcore carnivore and he couldn't believe he liked this vegan food so much. Present Moment uses a variety of organic local produce, fresh herbs and spices, and serves house made vegan dressings, dips, cheeses, soups, crackers, pies... Oh I could go on and on. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Prices are more than fair. Definitely stop here for some lunch if you're in the lovely St. Augustine area. True vegan food for all!

3  Thank cmarianas
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé just drive up into St.Augustine and after checking into our hotel we went to eat at this place. I found the place on google and all the reviews were so good I had to check it out for myself. The place is beautiful and has a comfy cozy environment. We ordered an appetizer shared a meal and shared a dessert. Everything was amazing the meal we ordered was a special that I got the last bowl of, it was called the "Buddha Bowl" . Coconut curry based along with veggies and white rice. Absolutely had the best flavors everything blended so well together. But what closed it up for me was the dessert homemade "Pumpkin Pie". My fiancé loves pumpkin pie I'm not a huge fan but ill eat it when I feel like I want it. But when I say this was the best pumpkin pie I have ever tasted, that it was. The texture is so amazing it literally melts in your mouth. I had the best experience. Whenever I come back I will go back to eat there. I even bought a cookbook so I can make it at home. Amazing thumbs up!

4  Thank Ja_keyb340
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can't believe how good the raw vegan food is here...and I love fried chicken, so for me to love they're tacos and hummus says enough. I ate well, was full and felt great when I left.
Nice romantic atmosphere too!

3  Thank Laurenfoodlover