“Surprise.....surprise!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Berea
“Surprise.....surprise!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Made a msitake by going to this place last. The service was great and friendly. We had lunch as our last thing to do after being in St. Augustine and going to several restuarants. The waiter made his recommendations with the mojito ranking #1 of all we've ever had. The special was a chipotle chicken and by far proved to be the best meal we had while there. I told the waiter he shouldn't change a thing and that we would (and will) be back again. DON'T MISS THIS PLACE

• Visited March 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Cuban sandwich”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Kinda hard to find right off the bat. Was recommended by a kid in one of the shops off of st george. When I got there we were the first to arrive for the night! Wanted something small so we just split a cuban sandwich which was pretty good at best. The highlight of this cafe was the iron soda which was great, never had one before. The server was attentive but kinda awkward. Nothing to write home about but cool for a quick bite.

Visited March 2012
Vero Beach, Florida
“If you like Cuban food and music this is a must!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Being a Cuban American I really do enjoy this place for the music. On my last visit, the food was OK, but then again I may just be spoiled with my Mom's frijoles, ropa vieja and plantains. If you enjoy the Latin scene you will really have fun here. It's something different, but I recommend going as group for even more fun.

Visited September 2011
New York
“Not Cuban at all”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Last night (Which was our first night in St. Augustine) we went to eat at this so called "Cuban" restaurant... IT IS NOT. Our server said the cooks were Mexican(nothing against mexicans) but I would guess that they would have been cubans. The food was really B A D. ordered a chicken noodle soup first at was so salty I could not finish it, the yuca was not fried crisp as should be, the soda had a strange flavor and I could go on with this. We asked for the owners name and will write her also. Please, please read these reviews and avoid going here, I wish I would have done this before eating there. Brian our server was very attentive and tried his best. Thanks Brian for your service.

• Visited February 2012
MANNHEIM
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The waiter was very attentive and we thought we had come to a good place. The prices seemed reasonable, but: The food was very greasy, everything dripping from fat, no discernible spices, nothing like the cuban food I have eaten in Havana.
And the pork-dish was bland and overcooked.