“Hidden gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

PURPLE OLIVE
Ranked #89 of 572 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Our friends live in Saint Augustine and heard this was a good place to eat so we tried it out. Its in a strip plaza which I find are some of the best finds they are smaller and more intimate restaurant. We all ordered some thing different, my husband had one of the evening specials he ordered the garlic mashed potatoes with grilled Salmon and a crab cake on top and a sauce that was very tasty. I had shrimp grilled and the sauce I choose was mango chutney and you get a side which I choose the potato au gratin and a soup or salad and I had the lobster bisque. My friend had the stuffed chicken and her husband had the pork chop and both dishes were wonderful. Each meal comes with the choice of soup or salad and 1 of there many yummy side dishes.
Very good!!!!

“Love this place!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Real dining, real food! I like the wine and really cute restaurant through there. I eat every now and then here.
Will always visit Purple olive!!

Huntington, New York
“One of our new locals ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Having just purchased a beach condo across the street at Ocean Village Club, we had to try Purple Olive on this trip. We got there just as they opened and so it was not busy. Service was good, and we were early enough for the very reasonably priced early bird dinner. The food really was excellent. Loved the 80's music in the background too, great atmosphere! We will come here on every future trip, can't wait to return.

Muncie, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food at a Value Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I went to the Purple Olive when we were visiting Old Town. We had several good meals at at Cellar 6, the Tasting Room and O'Steens and I have to say that the Ahi Tuna we decided on was the best meal we had all week! Put this restaurant on your "must try" list and be prepared to be amazed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sabagodin
Palm Coast, Florida
“Wonderful food, inpeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Purple Olive is a find place for a nice meal. I took a friend there for his birthday. He selected the place and we were both very pleased. The food was delicious- served at the right temperature. I had salmon with a fantastic sauce. My friend has a beef dish which he raved about. The salads were crisp and fresh. I returned another time and had an equally good meal with another friend. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013