“good eating”

Ranked #101 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Visiting the beautiful St Augustine and finally tried the Purple Olive restaraunt and what a great meal I had and the service was also outstanding.wouldn't think much from the outside but what a great treat once the food came .once again another great restaraunt in beautiful St Augustine Florida

There are newer reviews for PURPLE OLIVE

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Food selection was unusual was exceptionally good.
Expresso rub Gorgonzola pork loin with carmelized onions with mash potatoes and vegetables!!
I had the Ahi blackened with a mild ginger sauce!
Both of us had the fresh tomato basil soup which was served just perfectly and at the right temperature.
Off the beaten path but definitely worth the drive.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Decided to go to this restaurant based on other TA reviews, and was not disappointed. Driven past this location dozens of times, and would have never thought about going there - located in a small strip plaza with a dog groomer on one side, empty storefront on the other.

Terriftic food from the soup to the desserts, great service and good recommendations from the waiter, prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. Consider this our second favorite restaurant in St. Augustine, and definately the best out on the island.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The location is a bit remote but once you are in the restaurant, the ambiance is quaint. We were served quickly. Our meals were hot and the dishes that we choose contained plenty of seafood. No picking around to find them. The quantity is plentiful. Unfortunately, that didn't leave us with any place for desert. Maybe on a return trip, we will have the chance to experience their key lime pie!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This restaurant has won multiple awards during the 5 years I have been in St Augustine, but it is a little out of the way for me so I never had a chance to go. A friend and I wanted to try something new last weekend and I convinced him to go here. The restaurant is in a strip mall so not particularly appealing from the outside. Inside improved, cutely decorated with a purple olive motif (of course). Then it greatly improved with every course. Starting off with a nice house wine. Loved the fresh bread and uniquly flavored olives - anise I think and the salads. I ordered a mixed fish dish in a garlic sauce that was great, and my friend said that is what he would have next time even though he liked his fish very much. We decided to share the signature dessert. I did not expect to like it as chocolate ganache is usually too heavy for my taste. Well, this dessert was heavenly. It had a toffee layer, light chocolate ganache, and a layer of grand marnier mousse. Our server was helpful and attentive. Price was reasonable for such good food. We will definitely return.

1  Thank havaneseangel