“Ok lunch”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #63 of 610 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Just listed in The Southern Living Magazine September edition as one of their 8 favorite locations in St. Augustine. We have been in the top ten on TripAdvisor for over 3 Years. Once you have dined with us you will come back. Serving all the greats from across the pond, including The Best Hand Beer Battered Fish & Chips In Town, just ask around. Over 30 Beers Wines & Ciders.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We ate on the porch for lunch on a Saturday. Beer was cold. Menu selection was ok. Sandwich prices a bit high but in line sadly with the whole town. Service was very good and super friendly. Felt very comfortable. Expect $30 for lunch. Ouch!

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I tried to eat my way through the menu to no avail. Generous portions of food I have never seen elsewhere. I dare you to try the beer battered burger after an order of pepper jack & blue cheese buffalo cheese sticks!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I came here during my visit to St. Augustine in May, and came back once again on my visit with family this weekend. Very small place, but great nonetheless and I love it! Small draft beer selection, but the selection they have is excellent. I was freezing after just coming off a sunset sail on the water and all of their inside tables were taken. However, they made certain we were made cozy on the adorable outdoor porch with heaters. As before, food and service was excellent! If you're into the English pub/food scene, you absolutely must visit The Prince of Wales! Great place for family, couples, friends, business, or solo!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We actually discovered The Prince of Wales long before we moved to St. Augustine. My father lives south of here and we had tried it out on one of our previous visits. After becoming permanent residents, we have come back time and again.

This place could easily be missed. Tucked away on a picturesque side street, chances are you'll walk by rather than drive. You would be smart to stop, even if it is just for a pint or two.

I don't like to sit inside. Because it's so small, it smells strongly of grease from the kitchen. They do, however, have a nice little porch that I actually prefer to sit on anyway and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather. It's a great place for people watching as well since St. George is the next street over.

I have not had a bad meal here. All of the appetizers are really good as well as the pies. The fish and chips are enormous...ask for the half portion. Pints are good. They don't have a huge selection but they don't really need one. The staff are always on the ball and very friendly. We've shown up 15 before opening and have had a pint in our hands within minutes. It was a great vantage point to watch the British Night Watch as the parade went right by. It's also just an incredible place to sit and enjoy the surroundings.

Whether you're a local, or just visiting, you will get a warm welcome and a good meal for a reasonable price.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We are British and visited this place in hope of some good British food, however, we were very disappointed. As soon as we walked in the place, the smell of old cooking oil was disgusting, it was like the extractor fan was not working. The food was to a very poor standard.

For three days after this meal, our coats still smelled of old cooking oil, despite continuously walking around in the fresh air of St Augustine.

Would not recommend and would not visit again. There are plenty of better restaurants, pubs in the area.

2  Thank Texas12