“A variety for all.”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #55 of 596 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Just listed in The Southern Living Magazine September edition as one of their 8 favorite locations in St. Augustine. We have been in the top ten on TripAdvisor for over 3 Years. Once you have dined with us you will come back. Serving all the greats from across the pond, including The Best Hand Beer Battered Fish & Chips In Town, just ask around. Over 30 Beers Wines & Ciders.
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Small quaint restaurant in historic St. Augustine District. Live singer on the porch and true British owners. I was a bit disappointed to see that they used store bought bater (door was open to the storage room). Cottage Pie was good and hamburgers were basic but large. Bread pudding was enjoyed by most.

There are newer reviews for The Prince of Wales

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had a great time today at the Prince of Whales. We had the Spicy Fried Pickles as an appetizer and it was delicious. But the real joy was two fold. First was Kronenbourg 1664 and the BBB. The Kronenbourg is a great French beer. The BBB is a beer-battered burger. The burger was great, not too greasy but just enough. My one complaint is there was no bacon for any burger on the menu. There should always be bacon. Also there should be a few more English beers on tap.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you are looking for some really good British food in our nations oldest city then The Prince of Wales should be your choice. Conveniently located on Cuna St in the historic district it is a good destination for visitors and locals alike. Be aware there is no parking in the historic area however there are plenty of lots close by. My husband and I visit the Prince regularly and since I was born in England it gives me a taste of home that is the closest to authentic I have found.
We love to sit outside on the porch when available, though one must at least peer inside at the bar and decor! The food is cooked fresh and portions are generous. The fish and chips are great. If you are watching your weight try the Ploughman's...Ham salad, tasty cheddar cheese etc., For those who enjoy a cup of tea - it's the best...boiling water makes the difference!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had spent the morning and early afternoon walking and viewing downtown and were dead tired. We happened across this little British pub. What an Oasis just one table available and we were happy to see it. After a round of iced tea and relaxing , we ordered. Fantastic sandwich fare, and the friendly service is exceptional ! The menu was quite expansive and reasonably priced. The restaurant offers tight quarters, but the food and service make the nearness of neighboring diners disappear fast ! Authentic English fare and copious quantities the "bangers" were huge, the sandwiches custom to our orders. I won't pass it up the nextt time I'm in town !

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wife is British and loves good fish and chips. Hugh piece of cod cooked just right. The chips aren't like England.........our potatoes are bigger. But really enjoyed the meal and drinks