“SAVE THE MONEY & SKIP THE ORANGE TROLLEY TOUR from disappointed customer”

Old Town Trolley Tours of St. Augustine
Book In Advance
More Info
$25.86*
and up
St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #10 of 118 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore over 500 years of history and over 100 points of interest on this 70-minute narrated tour. The 22 stops make it convenient for guests to disembark for shopping, dining, visiting attractions and exploring the city on their own. Trolleys come by each stop every 15 to 20 minutes. The tour ticket is good for three consecutive days of unlimited use. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Our first trip to St. Augustine and we are a family of 5 who took the trolley tour earlier this week. This trolley tour cost us over $100 for our family and it was NOT worth it.
***Our experience- The booth staff where we purchased our tickets was very nice and friendlly. However,we got on at St. George Street. We sat in seats in the middle of the trolley since that was what was available. It was difficult to hear the driver. He was talking so fast that no one around us could understand him. The seats were very hard and uncomfortable. We got motion sickness from sitting near the back of the trolley and fish-tailing from the driver made it worse. We relocated to seats behind the driver thinking that we could hear and hoping to solve the nautious feeling. We still could NOT understand the driver. What we could hear was lots of rushed details but NO USEFULL information or overview of the city that would appeal to first time visitors.
We decided to take the full route to try to get an idea of the layout of the city but we went down lots of small one way roads winding roads and honestly I think that we would have been better off on a self-guided tour with a hotel map. Since the tour takes an hour and fifteen minutes total without getting off and on and it stops running at 4:30 you would have to start very early to make it around at all the stops. The city is beautiful and it was a shame that the tour was not as described or intended.
The orange trolley tour we expected it to be a good for convinece with a tour. We did not get an over-view of the city. We could have done much of it on a walking tour and the rest with a car. There are many locations around the city and attractions that offer free parking. After we waited 15 minutes to board the trolley, it showed up late and then it was full so the driver said there would be another trollley right behind him to pick us up. It was there 15 minutes after he left. We waited over 30 minutes for one trolley to pick us up so I can't imagine how long it could take to get across town if you had to change trolleys. Be forwarnded it is hot and aggrivating to wait. Then when you do finally board, you are sick, uncomfortable and have no idea what you are looking at because you can't understand the driver. Very disappointing and bad first impression of such a great city. Very expensive and definately NOT convienent. We would NOT recommend this to other travelers. Drivers seem rushed trying to do too much. Probably a better tour with one employee driving and another giving the tour. Poor guy seemed like he was trying to do it all. Good idea but had a bad experience. Hope the company addresses those problems until then, save your money and skip the tour.

5  Thank thedoitallmom
historictours, Public Relations Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours of St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

I am sorry our tour did not meet your expectations. All of our tours are backed up by our 100% money back guarantee which can be accessed via the customer service section on our website.

Kindest regards,

Piper Smith
Vice President of Marketing

There are newer reviews for Old Town Trolley Tours of St. Augustine

Reviewed May 15, 2010

After riding the Old Town Trolley in Key West, we went back to the same company when visiting St. Augustine. It was just as enjoyable with a lot of interesting factual information that brings the town to life. The price is fairly high ($22/person), but the overall value for what you get is worth it. Look for a $1 off coupon in any St. Augustine brochure, too. The tour stops at 22 places, so you can see all the major attractions. Another trolley comes approximately every 15 minutes so you have a great deal of freedom to explore.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

My boys 2 and 6 and I decided to spend Mother's day weekend in St. Augustine. I wanted to go sight seeing using the best possible form of transportation without me driving. I decided to reserve our seats online with the Old Town Trolley Tours. Navagating through the web site and purchasing my tickets online was super easy. I started my tour at the Old Jail. There were several drivers standing by the trolley when we arrived and right away we were greeted and given our sticker for boarding. We used the trolley to get to the Castillo de San Marcos fort. My sons and I sat comfortably in the front row listening to the drivers historic stories. I loved that the trolley was so smooth and the stops were quick, but not rushed. The ride to the fort took us a while and my 2 year old started to get fussy. The driver handed my son a wooden coin that calmed my son down. That was a treat. We were able to get on and off the trolley very easy and with two little boys it didn't seem to be a challenge. The drivers were wonderful and I felt safe on our guided tour. I wil always go back to the Odl Town Trolley for my day trips.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

A great way to get around the city! Begin at the Old Jail, take the tour then head out to the trolley. The drivers are very knowledgeable, we learned something a little different from each one. Pass is good for three days. There is alot to see, don't miss it!

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Not only does it assist you in getting around to all of the most popular of sites, the trolley drives are a wealth of information on the history of the city, and make great recommendations when asked. If you're touring the area with kids, I highly recommend it! You may get on and off the trolley at your own leisure, and view the sites you desire to see. I recommend the better part of two days to take it all in!