“Campground on St. Augustine Beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed over a cold Presidents weekend. The folks are friendly, you can take your dog to the beach, drive a bike on the beach and even take your car on the beach. It's an older park, and some of the center spots are small, and not good for a big rig. The best sites are right along the back fence against the dunes, we had site 234 for a 40' 5th and it was great! The pull thru's that face these beach front sites are nice too! They just opened a new pool and hot tub, which we didn't get a chance to use. Get up for morning sunrise on the beach! Staff is very freindly and helpful, be sure to tell them about your camper size, and go for the sites by the ocean dunes!

Room Tip: Sites near the Ocean dunes are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank KeysGuys

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stay away because we hate when Bryn Mawr park models are booked and we cannot get in. :) Seriously, awesome place, pool, people, etc.

We have been staying here (renting park model homes in particular) for years typically during the summer months and the whole Family always enjoys it. We have found it to be extremely Family-friendly and very safe for the kids.
The staff has always been friendly and helpful, everything stays clean & well maintained, especially the pool. What I like is the fact it offers the best of both worlds, the beach and the pool. They are also, or have recently completed, a second but smaller heated pool.

I cannot say enough good things about Bryn Mawr.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BruceH15
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed there a few months ago, when visiting St. Augustine. We loved the location. Loved the view, we were right on the beach. Granted the dunes cover the view, but the crashing of the waves and salt air smell is undeniable. We loved it so much going back next week.They are upgrading thier pool to a heated pool and jaccuzzi... We will have the same spot. Also great that we can bring our doggies with us, they are definitely a pet friendly place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Bmaryanovsky
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Two years ago we came here after being fed up with Indian Forrest campground. This place is great! We get the beach front sites and listen to the ocean at night. We liked it so much that we've stayed here the past two Decembers (we're here right now!)

The highlights are having a dog friendly ocean right in your back yard, the amazing location (7 mikes from downtown), being on the island (my favorite part of st. Augustine), the awesome laundry room (the dryers are fast although half of them are broken) and the very helpful staff.

If you stay for the month, the cost ends up being about $30 a day. Otherwise, I think it's around $60 for ocean front spots. In my opinion, the beach had the location makes it worth the cost.

There are a couple of things I would like them to do that would make my stay better.

1) Having a fenced-in dog area so dogs can run around off the leash. Almost every person that stays here brings a dog. I think that would be a great addition to this park. A lot of rv parks have them nowadays. Especially since there's a $2 per day pet charge! If you stay the month, it's $1 a day. I three dogs so it ends up costing over $90.

2) Get rid of the sandspurs!! They are all over the back ocean front spots. I have to pick them out of my dogs feet and sometimes my own.

Those are my only two issues. I will still look forward to coming here every year!

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Seamonkey21
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We LOVED this resort. We are already talking about when we want to go back. The resort is close enough to St Augustine yet far enough that you are not dealing with a busy city atmosphere. The beach access was really close and we thoroughly enjoyed that. The office staff were very friendly and helpful. Security drove around very often so should you ever need anything they are available. Oh, and the comfort station we went to had been completely redone (from what we heard) and you could tell as everything appeared brand new.

Room Tip: There is a timer on the lights in the comfort station. Make sure it's turned on completely befor...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brishell
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a moderately priced rv park located on St. Augustine beach. Because of it's location, I did rate it higher. The park itself is clean and quiet. The pool is super large and very clean. There are multiple beach access points which makes it great to spend a day on the beach, then walk a short distance back to your rv without having to drive or lug about a bunch of items. The only real downside I can think of is that the lots are super close together, but considering it;s location, cleanliness, and amenities, I'm ok with that. The staff were super friendly and the park is pet friendly. Overall, I highly recommend this park.

Justin Braneky
Braneky Pest Prevention, Inc.
Geneva/Orlando Fl
407-349-BUGS(2847)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BranekyPestControl
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The title of my review is the best part of the RV resort. True to the reviews prior, it is a resort composed of mostly old park models. For the most part, the owners of these park models are not keeping up with maintenance. The RV lots are tight but come with a covered gazebo which is very nice. The roads are NOT paved and it did rain and there was a lot of standing water.
I rented park model #205 and it was very old with a lot of maintenance needed. It was supposed to be a 2 bedroom/1bath. It was a 1 bedroom with a bunk bed which was not made upon arrival. It you are not a kid, it was difficult climbing in and trying to make the bed. I specifically told the managers that we were picky and wanted a clean and updated unit. Get pictures before you rent.
The location is great, beach beautiful and close to all activities.

Room Tip: Check out the unit first.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hammock Beach Resort
Hammock Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Palm Coast
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Augustine

Been to Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!