“Unique choices”

La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winter Haven,FL
“Unique choices”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

If not for a couple unique choices I probably wouldn't be going back cause a little pricey. They have a yummy lentil soup which you don't often see and shredded beef which blows ground beef outta the water. Their shredded beef is so good !! Other than that not a huge lunch selection and a little overpriced.

Detroit, Michigan
“Fabulous place”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We go to this restaurant every year when we are in St. Augustine. The food is fabulous no matter what you choose. The restaurant is divided up into a quieter room with small tables and a larger 'noisier' room for families and larger groups.There are also two semi-private alcoves. This small cozy restaurant is such a welcome change from the huge restaurants usually found in the US. The atmosphere is great. I love the brightly painted walls and archways. The staff are friendly and attentive and obviously take pride in their work. Prices are good and the house red is very palatable. I only wish we lived nearer.

• Visited August 2012
Mississauga
“Worth The Drive”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

On a visit to St. Augustine I was looking for more than the usual beach restaurant so it was quite fortunate that my wife found this place that serves what I think is authentic Mexican cuisine. For dinner I ordered the Molcajate which is the Traditional Mexican mortar and pestle tool which was used to serve my dish of fried and grilled meat accompanied by beans, pick de gallo and tortillas. My wife ordered the fish tacos which which was grilled tilapia with sautéed onion, mushrooms in tortilla shells. The food definitely taste fresh and did I mention we came in very late and yet were made to feel very welcome? It's somewhat located outside the usual tourist and beach area but still worth the drive.

• Visited August 2012
Paterson, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Mexican food, excellent service”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I travel to St Augustine, FL at least 4 times a year. For the last 3 years I've been visiting La Cosina because the food is excellent. Andres, who always takes care of us is always attentive and ready to serve and he remembers what the three of us ate last time. We travel a lot and have never experienced this type of service, including the 5 star ones. The duck is always great. If you travel to St. Augustine, pass by there and say hello to Andres for me.

• Visited July 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Colorful, funky Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very colorful, funky Mexican restaurant. Tried the stuffed avocado salad. Very different and I absolutely loved it. Went back another day to get it as takeout. My husband enjoys the fajitas and the duck entree.

Visited May 2012