My husband and I just stayed here for the second time. The first time it was in the Francisco Marin Room, which was luxurious to say the least! Great jacuzzi tub and soft SOFT bedding....completely romantic! On the down side, since the room is part of the original structure, the windows are street level and let noise in. Good thing St. Augustine is quiet at night.
This time we stayed in the Princess Margaret. Not quite as luxurious as the Francisco Marin, but very nice. Again, a Jacuzzi tub to relax in....The down side of this room is that there is french doors leading to the bathroom which do not give a lot of privacy (they lack solid curtains).
All rooms have nice robes for you to wear during your stay.
Breakfast this time was hot, fresh, flavorfull and Made To Order (you fill out a form the night before indicating your choices which include coffee, tea, juice, croissant, danish, bagels, cereal, fruit, and usually a hot egg dish (we had eggs benedict and eggs marin, both yummy) -- pretty much everything!)
Last time breakfast was pretty bad -- they had some egg-like substance in a warming dish and it was fend for yourself.
Staff is very nice. Parking on the street is hard to find since the City changed the laws, but thankfully guests can park in the lot for The Oldest House and walk barely two blocks to the inn.
Use of a car in St. Augustine is not necessary. Most of the historic downtown is reachable on foot, so it's nice to forget about the car while you're there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find romance on the waterfront in our tailored, elegant, laid-back inn located right in the historic district of St. Augustine. Enjoy a full breakfast each morning, a daily happy hour, and lots of other great amenities including free parking, free Wi-Fi, free bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas, and the best water views in town. Bayfront Marin House has the style of the past with the conveniences of today including double Jacuzzi tubs, body jet showers, flat screen televisions, fireplaces, private decks with water views and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Marin House Hotel Saint Augustine
- Bayfront Marin House b&b Inn