1,486 results
All reviews happy hour marie antoinette king george bed and breakfast princess margaret private porch view of the bay french toast our honeymoon jacuzzi tub white room chocolate covered strawberries within walking distance cocktail hour view of the water beautiful room bridge of lions
Reviewed July 1, 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Dunes Suite on the beach to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful, incredibly clean suite. We had an ocean view from the window. It was slightly (very slightly) disappointing that we didn't have a back porch to sit and enjoy the ocean, but, like I said, we had a beautiful view from the window and we sat on the beach most mornings so the porch wasn't necessary. We loved that we could drive into the the historic district and not have to worry about parking (because the inn had reserved parking) - parking was very limited for everyone else! We also looked forward to having breakfast at the inn - every morning there was fresh fruit and a home made breakfast - delicious. The staff was extremely warm and friendly. By staying on the beach, we got the best of both worlds - the ocean and the beautiful historic district and inn. The shopping and restaurants were wonderful! We do recommend The Floridian restaurant. I cannot say enough good things about this inn and this vacation spot. We will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2016

Thank you so much for the very nice review! We look forward to seeing you again (and if you are looking for a private deck, we recommend the Oceanview Cottage, the Lookout Suite, the Atlantic Suite or the Royal Palm--just give us a call and we'll be happy to walk you through the amenities at each of the suites!!) - Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Lookout Suite at the beach but could have stayed a week. The room was very clean and spacious and had a deck facing the ocean. The beach, a short walk down a boardwalk, was uncrowded and had many beautiful sea shells for collecting. We loved sitting on the deck watching the sun rise in the morning and then walking on the nearly empty beach.

Guests have the option of a breakfast basket of muffins in the room or going into town for a hot breakfast. We went into town even though it was very hard to leave this beautiful room.

The B&B is about a 10 minute drive from the beach rooms. Bayfront offers Vilano beach guests a free spot in town to park, around the corner from the inn. Breakfast was delicious and worth the trip into town. Our hosts were very warm, welcoming and accomodating.

The inn also offers a happy hour in the afternoon with apps, wine, beer and sangria. It was wonderful to sit in the courtyard, sipping sangria and looking out at the bay!

We will definitely be back next year.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We hope that you will be able to stay a week on your next visit! Thank you for writing such a nice review--and we look forward to seeing you next year! - Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Our first trip to St. Augustine and it will not be our last- I always book B&B's when it's just my husband and I and there were so many to choose from although my focus was on the view and location. I came across Bayfront Marin House during my search and it had everything I needed! Quaint, Historic, Bay view, private porch, breakfast made fresh everyday and outside courtyard eating watching the sunrise, evening reception from 5pm -7pm every nite, walking distance to everything.

Every morning at 6am- a cup of coffee, sitting on the swing and watching the sunrise was breathtaking, early and late afternoon the breeze was to die for and watching the carriage horses go by and the many trolleys just made it more enjoyable.

Everyone who works there deserve 5 stars each! Very personable, very laid back, ( I'm not one for stuffy, uptight staff) very knowledgeable - they made you feel at home. The Chef came out everyone morning during breakfast to make her rounds, say" Good morning" and ask how everything was. Amazing breakfast everyday!! ( she even gave me her french toast recipe) ;)

We will definitely be back!

8  Thank Shannon H
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Thought this was a great stay. We spent 5 nights here and I was pleased with the choice. Location was perfect and within walking distance of everything. Loved.the bay across the street and offered a beautiful view every evening. Happy Hour and breakfast every morning was excellent. I would definitely choose this B &B again. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank jenghill
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! Our entire team thinks that vacations are critically important--so we're so happy that you enjoyed yours! We hope that we'll see you again soon! - Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed June 18, 2016

My husband and I came to St Augustine to celebrate our 16th anniversary. We had no idea where to stay so I looked through Trip Advisor. With amazing reviews, we decided to stay at this B&B.
Prior to booking, I emailed for some information about different rooms. They responded to each email quickly and with so much enthusiasm for their place. You could tell this would be a home-away-from-home.
We were only able to stay 2 nights but we LOVED it and can't wait to come back! We stayed in room 14 which is upstairs with a gorgeous view! (The palm tree in the middle obstructs a bit but that was irrelevant!)
Upon arrival, we were told about Happy Hour. HH happens each night and offers guests complimentary hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, sangria. Everything was so delicious!
We were also told about breakfast. You're given a card with the menu. Make your selections, including what time you want breakfast and where you want breakfast, then turn it in to the office. We showed up in the courtyard at our time and our breakfast was presented to us while we looked over the Bay. Again, absolutely delicious both days.
The staff seemed like ninjas. They didn't hover around but anytime you needed them, there they were. *lol*
We hated to leave and we can't wait to come back. Knowing this is a pet-friendly location makes it even better. We don't like leaving our pup at home and now we don't have to!

1  Thank JoshandAllyson
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Wow--what a great review!! You have just made our day! We're so happy that you enjoyed our happy hours and breakfasts, and that our staff helped to make your getaway special. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience--and we look forward to seeing you (and your pup!) again soon! PS--We are fertilizing that palm tree monthly so that it grows above the window soon! Haha! :) - Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Team