1,489 results
All reviews happy hour marie antoinette king george bed and breakfast princess margaret private porch view of the bay french toast our honeymoon jacuzzi tub white room chocolate covered strawberries within walking distance view of the water cocktail hour the entire staff beautiful room
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I spent three days here celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary this week. What a quiet relaxing time we had. Mary's breakfast creations were great, blueberry Belgian waffles, quiche and banana pancakes and now we know why Mary is on 24 hour kidnap watch. Your staff is outstanding, especially Brian who will help and advise about dining and any other matter that you need. The customer experience of your entire staff is awesome, any business could learn a lot from any of them. We stayed in the Burgess Cottage but time spent in there was limited to the fact that we had to sleep at night. The rest of the time we were viewing the sights and chilling in the gazebo. We highly recommend Bayfront Marin House when visiting St. Augustine.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank George O
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Woo-hoo! Your review has just made our day! Plus we love the reference to the kidnap watch...we really do have to check to make sure Mary is safe and sound in the kitchen bc people are always trying to pack her in their suitcases! Thanks also for mentioning Brian--he is a concierge extraordinaire--and he's always checking out new places so he can give our guests the inside scoop. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us...we hope to see you again soon!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I eloped to this location in November of last year. You have an amazing employee in Brian - give that man a raise. He was there every step of the way and made us feel like King and Queen on our day. I can't say enough good things about him. It was a windy night on the night of our wedding (seriously- Gail-force winds!) and Brian and the staff at the last-minute moved everything for our ceremony inside. It was beautiful and so romantic. Perfection! My husband and I are both in the hospitality business and he and this B&B are great!

We stayed in Stephanie's Hideaway and the room was decorated nicely. I loved the linens and terry. The only thing (and it's super minor) was there was not a good place to "get ready." The mirrors weren't lit all that well, especially at night. Breakfast was excellent and even though we had it delivered it was so beautiful when we were there, that we ate on the patio outside of our room and sunbathed. That quiche-Lorraine! Wow - need that recipe!! Still craving it! We ordered mimosas every day and we could never drink all of it.

You can't beat the location of this B&B, parking wasn't a far walk, all of the historic attractions also a walk away. I could go on and on but in short - we can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

What a great review--thank you so much!! And we're glad you felt like royalty--that's exactly how you should feel when you're on vacation! Your ceremony was simply beautiful--thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day. And drop us an email about the quiche...we're happy to share our recipes for everything we make! Congratulations again on your wedding (happy 6 month anniversary!) and we look forward to seeing you both again soon!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We just checked in today, but I have no doubt that we will love our stay. All the reviews on this Inn are right on the money. We haven't had breakfast yet (obviously), but their cute happy hour was fun. Our room is decorated with antique furniture, is very clean and has a big double hot tub (yet to try). Our view is amazing and the staff is super friendly. Check out their weekly special rates vs. Booking your room through websites I.e. hotels.com.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BayfrontMarin, Owner at Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's awesome that you wrote this review on your first full day--we must have made a good first impression! Thank you so much for choosing us for your "minimoon", and we look forward to seeing you again soon!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Coming from Ohio to St. Augustine for the first time, I looked up bed and breakfasts and decided the Bayfront Marin was the place for us. Not only is it a charming setting, but the people could not have been nicer or more helpful. We were given the Robinson Louis room. The furnishings were all timely to the period and lovely. My husband has a bad back and the bed was very comfortable and didn't bother his back. The food and service were outstanding every morning of the 5 days we were there. They had the sangria I've ever had. I would not hesitate to recommend this to everyone and hope to return sometime.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We hope that you can visit again soon too! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you could relax and enjoy your first visit to St. Augustine. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review--we really appreciate it!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure where to start in my review of the Bayfront Marin House, except to say that Mike and Sandy have an amazing place. Myself and my new wife went there on our honeymoon, and we both agree we could not have chosen a better place. We arrived on a Sunday night, and checked into the Francisco Marin room. First off, the grounds are absolutely beautiful, and a testament to the hard work of whoever takes care of it all. Truly stunning. Secondly, the room is gorgeous, and amazingly well-kept (for being over 200 years old!). We loved the beautiful poster bed, and it was very romantic as well. The jacuzzi was great, and made for some very relaxing nights (and days!). We moved to Stephanie's Hideaway on that Wednesday, and was even more impressed. It was perfect for a romantic getaway.

Next - the breakfast. I read about Mary's cooking on different TripAdvisor reviews, but none can do it justice (the BEST French toast I've ever had). Each and every day we stayed, we were blown away by the wonderful food that we were served. The service was excellent, everyone was so polite and accommodating (which I believe shows how well the owners treat their employees). We found out later that Mike and Sandy were out of town until Friday, and the fact that the employees kept the place running and were THAT good is incredible.

Speaking of the employees - I must mention Brian (I hope I'm spelling that correctly). Almost every morning, he came out to check and see how everyone was doing, and make sure everything was ok. One day, it was a little chilly in the morning, and we had reserved a dolphin safari cruise. I hadn't packed any warm clothing at all, so I knew I would be cold on the water. Brian offered to drive to his house for me and find a sweatshirt for me to wear. I was flabbergasted at this offer - you won't find that at the Holiday Inn. He also pointed us in the right direction to a GREAT beach (you're going to have to stop telling people your secrets Brian!).

Speaking of the beach, the Bayfront Marin House saved us a bundle of money by offering us beach chairs, an umbrella, and towels. Being inlanders, we didn't have any of these items, so we assumed we'd have to go buy them, but Bayfront saved the day.

Another thing to mention - midway through our stay my wife became sick. Each day, the employees would ask about her and be genuinely concerned (especially Elizabeth!). We were touched by this to say the least.

It is my opinion that you must include the bad with good. There were VERY little negatives, so this won't take long. I noticed another reviewer mentioned the hot water - we experienced the same problem. It wasn't a big deal (the water definitely was cold), so we didn't mention it to anybody, but it seems like the system has difficulty giving everybody hot water for a longer period of time. Again, not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have it throughout a shower/bath.

Just one more thing - I would recommend running water in the jacuzzis and running the jets when you get a new guest in. The jets get dirty easily and can affect the cleanliness of the water when a guest uses them. Again - not a big deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

We will DEFINITELY be returning to the Bayfront Marin House in the future - we could not have been more pleased with out stay. It is truly paradise on earth. Mike and Sandy - you're doing it right. Keep it up! And thank you for a wonderful place to stay while we visit St. Augustine.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DocAndy91

What a wonderful review--you have absolutely made our day!! First, thank you for mentioning our staff members in general, and Brian and Elizabeth in particular. We are so lucky to have a wonderful team--they make it fun for us to come to work, and they definitely make us comfortable when we have to leave town. We want all of our staff members to love their jobs, because it really does affect the atmosphere of the inn. And thank you for mentioning the gardens--Sandy plants them all, and Steve maintains them during the week (Sandy had to keep her job in Maryland when we bought the inn, but we're hoping she can join us full-time soon!) It's always nice to hear when someone appreciates the grounds and the rooms--we spend a lot of time putting personal touches on everything. Thank you again--and we hope that you will come back and visit soon so that we can meet you in person!--Mike and Sandy and the Whole Bayfront Marin House Staff